Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   The best ship overall.... (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/38444-best-ship-overall.html)

kbd1974 09-19-2012 02:30 PM

The best cruise ship overall....

Hi,

im new to the forum, and ive just spent an hour or so reading many reviews and comments etc which has been great and a real eye opener into cruising today (i have cruised before, but its been a while!).

Maybe this has already been asked on here somewhere, but i couldnt find it...

With this forum being so popular and full of regular cruisers - what i want to know is, in your opinion which cruise ship is the VERY BEST and WHY??

Thanks

Dave 09-19-2012 03:18 PM

It is a subjective question with no correct answer, just opinions. I like the Allure Of The Seas because of the variety of things to do, places to eat, and entertainment options. I also like to cruise in suites and the Allure (and Oasis) have great suite perks with a large Concierge Lounge.

LHT28 09-19-2012 06:24 PM

There really is no best ..it is the one that works for you that is important
Everyone has there favourites

We prefer the smaller ships with less noise & flash

papa60 09-30-2012 05:03 PM

I can tell you my favorite was the Carnival Legend. Easy to get around, beautiful decor, and I never felt crowded.

janfred 09-30-2012 07:29 PM

It is very subjective. Dave loves big I like small. As much as the Celebrity Silhouette and Solstice were unbelievable I still have a special place for the Celebrity Century. I don't want Merry-go-rounds and rising bars and neighbourhoods. I am looking for small, intimate and traditional. So beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! I guess it's what makes your BOAT FLOAT LOL :OD

Cruise Fanatic 10-01-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janfred (Post 295226)
It is very subjective. Dave loves big I like small. As much as the Celebrity Silhouette and Solstice were unbelievable I still have a special place for the Celebrity Century. I don't want Merry-go-rounds and rising bars and neighbourhoods. I am looking for small, intimate and traditional. So beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! I guess it's what makes your BOAT FLOAT LOL :OD

Janfred, The Century is one of my favorites also. It's the perfect size ship in my opinion. I think you're going to really enjoy the river boats too.

janfred 10-01-2012 01:38 PM

Cruise Fanatic,

You know I can hardly wait ! It is almost here and my first River Cruise too !

Cruise Fanatic 10-01-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janfred (Post 295233)
Cruise Fanatic,

You know I can hardly wait ! It is almost here and my first River Cruise too !

Your first, but I doubt it will be your last!

janfred 10-01-2012 04:46 PM

Cruise Fanatic,

On my wish list ( I don't call it a bucket list !) next is Azamara and Uniworld.
I really think I would love both of those lines from everything I have read !
That is what I plan for 2013, we shall see !