Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 PM

Default Alaska Cruise recommendations Aug 2012
Hello,
We are considering a cruise to Alaska from either Vancouver or Seattle in late August 2012.

We have cruised NCL 2 or 3 times in the past, and thought we would do so again - but after reading some of the reviews on NCL's Alaska cruises, that may not be a good choice.

We are a family of 5, with our 3 sons ages 13, 21, and 24. We've always loved the free-style dining.

I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks so much !

Afam
Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 PM
You probably mean 2013

have look at Princess
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree with LHT28 Princess has been in Alaska for a very long time and you can do anytime dinning. I think RCCL would be great too with the ages of the kids and again you can do anytime dinning.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-22-2012, 08:48 AM

Thank you both! I will check out RCCL and Princess for Alaska.

AFAM
Old 09-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruisereviews.com!

Also consider the cruise itinerary. Are you into outdoors stuff like hiking, or do you prefer seeing glaciers from the ship? Some cruises visit Glacier Bay, which is absolutely stunning. Some will visit Hubbard Glacier, or others. As far as ports, the standards are Juneau and Ketchikan. There's a lot to do in both; Juneau is the spot for whale-watching, though. Other ports may include Sitka (Russian history -- fabulous) and Skagway (great scenery and the possibility of a trip into the Yukon).

It sounds from your post that you'd like to do a round-trip from Seattle or Vancouver, rather than a one-way between Vancouver and Seward. Is that right? That should narrow it down some. Please feel free to ask about ports of call.

Oh ... I can change the 2012 to 2013 in the title of your post, if you'd like.

Tags
2012, alaska, august, cr, cruise, cruises, history, norwegian, powered, princess, recommendation, recommendations, reviews, tips, travel, vbulletin