Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 10:35 AM

Since I've only been on a cruise twice (3rd time 11/3/2013), one thing everyone has always told me, if you have to fly or drive to the port, come in a day early. We are leaving from New Orleans on the NCL Jewel next November. I've already planned our drive from Alabama on Saturday the 2nd and will stay overnight at Harrah's. It's not worth the headache and stress of driving or flying in the Winter. As everyone else has mentioned, I would pay the change fee and take a flight out the day before. No one wants to be stressed out the first day of your trip!

Need some cruise help?
------------------------------
Royal Caribbean - April 2006
Carnival Pride - May - 2008
Upcoming Cruise: Carnival Sunshine - March 2014
Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 PM

We had our bags go missing flying from Spokane to Ft Lauderdale, they turned up a day later. Another reason to give yourself a days grace.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Just changed the flight to December 21st (a day earlier) same time. Cost me $440 more but the peace of mind i get is so worth it. Also booked a hotel for 1 night at the sheraton hotel (i forgot to ask them if they have shuttle bus to the cruise terminal and what times they can take us there). Should i still get insurance for the trip?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 PM

Ironmask, Yes, insurance is always recommended to protect your vacation investment. The recent hurricane Sandy is one big example of an unexpected incident that disrupted a lot of peoples vacations. Travel insurance isn't just for the day of travel. Travel insurance will protect you if you have to cancel before the trip for unforeseen incidences such as death in the family, medical, house catches on fire, etc. It protects you on the day of travel for delays, trip interruption, lost luggage. It can provide protection while on the trip for medical costs and medical evacuation if you are injured while on vacation. It also can provide assistance if you lose your passport, credit cards, etc. Third party insurance usually offers better coverage than what cruise lines offer in their insurance plans. You can make comparisons at this site .

Tags
1256pm, 130pm, 400, 430, carribean, check, cruise, day, departs, flight, flying, leaves, pm, port, royal, time