Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 01:00 PM

Cool Kings warf Bermuda beach help
I'm going to be traveling on royal carribian with my 6year old son who has down syndrome and really loves water. We want to spend most of our time on the beach. I saw the cruise line has excursions for 50$ a person for at your leasure beach time. It says walking distance to beach. So I guess what I'm asking is, is there any beaches we can go to daily where we don't have to pay a daily fee? Or pay a small fee for someone to take us to a nice beach. I really want to make this trip special for him. Thanks in advance
Old 11-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruisereviews!

Don't bother with a cruise line tour if you're just going to the beach (unless time is of concern, such as it's your last day there and you have to be back to the ship before it departs). It's far less expensive to go on your own, and not that difficult. There are public buses that leave from the cruise ship dock, and at least one of these goes by the south shore beaches. You'll hear Horseshoe Bay mentioned a lot -- it's popular with tourists, and can get a bit pricey once you add in snacks, chair rentals, etc.

My favorite beach in Bermuda is Shelly Bay Beach, located near the Bermuda Aquarium. It's a small beach with calm, shallow water. I don't recall many amenities last time we were there, though. And, with the Aquarium so close, it can be a great day trip. To get there, you'd take the bus to Hamilton, where you will transfer to a second bus. It's not as difficult as it sounds -- the bus drivers are extremely helpful.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 PM
There is a small beach called snorkel park just a short walk from the dock.There is also a tram that you can ride over for free. The only thing is it opens a little later and doesn't open at all if the weather is bad,
It's also very easy to take the pink public bus to horseshoe bay, there's no need to pay 50 dollars per person on Bermuda. The bus system is super easy and the worst thing that will happen if you get on the wrong one is you'll get a tour of the island.
I'm pretty sure all the buses that leave from king's wharf go past horseshoe bay.
They should have a 'beach talk' on the ship.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 11-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Try the Bermuda Dept of Tourism or Bermuda Excursions in your web browser......there is a complete listing of all the Bermuda Beach Locations, directions to get there and available amenities.When You arrive, plan on purchasing a multiday Bus/Ferry Pass and You are all set. Plan some time to stop by The Swizzle Inn for some great Rum Swizzles and Pub Grub!!

BillyBuzzy

Last edited by billybuzzy; 11-21-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typos

Tags
bay, beach, beaches, bermuda, dock, horseshoe, kings, pink, port, repaired, sand, shelly, walk, warf, wharf