Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   Guaranteed Cabin Category (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/39594-guaranteed-cabin-category.html)

susanmaz 03-19-2013 12:53 PM

Guaranteed Cabin Category

So who else has ever booked a "Guaranteed" cabin? This is our first time ever doing this, and I am going crazy not knowing where my cabin will be... and won't know for another two weeks. Anybody else go through this?

Cruise Fanatic 03-19-2013 03:00 PM

I've booked Guaranteed many times. I'm not real particular about my location so I've never had what I would call a bad cabin. However; You could get located in an area that might be noisier than if you had paid and booked an assigned cabin.

Sonny V 03-19-2013 09:12 PM

I booked a Guarantee for my April 1st cruise. We were Guaranteed an inside cabin on deck two and got an inside cabin on deck four. We did good on that one. Just remember that you're Guaranteed a certain category - if you get a higher category you did good, if not, you got what you paid for. I always did good when I booked a Guaranteed. Let us know how you made out.

LHT28 03-23-2013 01:50 PM

I did it once & ended up near the front of the ship (not my favourite place)

Now I only book if I get a cabin # & my TA knows we like mid ship when she upgrades us ;)

Dave 03-23-2013 02:34 PM

I booked a guaranteed inside on the pre-inaugural 4-night Oasis Of The Seas cruise. I was upgraded to a standard outside and it was forward-facing, two decks below the bridge. However on that cruise they only sailed at something like 60% capacity (on purpose) so I think just about everyone got a upgrade. I had a lot of wind noise and also unusable space because of the sharp angle the cabin had at the window as the superstructure sloped downward.

I prefer picking my cabin and sticking with it unless an upgrade to a larger cabin or suite is offered.

peter l 03-24-2013 04:04 AM

I have never thought of doing the guaranteed option mostly because I guess I really didn't understand the way it worked but feel like Dave knowing my cabin right from the start. Then I keep an eye on it and take advantage of getting it at a better price than when I first booked it; and this has worked for me on almost all of our cruises.

Peterl

Sonny V 03-24-2013 11:48 AM

If you book a guaranteed cabin on Royal Caribbean and don't like the cabin that was assigned to you, you can cancel and re-book if they are still offering the same guarantee price. Then again, you may be assigned one you even like less. I've done this before and was glad I did.

susanmaz 03-25-2013 07:03 AM

I booked the guarantee because there were only 4 cabins in the category, so the likelihood of the upgrade was great. However, I've found that I'm just not made for the suspense of not knowing where I'll end up. I was fine until it came time to do the on-line checkin, and didn't see a cabin number. So, lesson learned. Next cruise I pick our cabin and I'll sleep easier.

susanmaz 03-30-2013 08:54 AM

With 13 days to sailing, we now have a cabin. It is a one category upgrade, 2 cabins up from where I would have booked had I chosen my cabin in the beginning. I glad because it's in the area I like to be (port side near the aft elevators), but disappointed because I really didn't move anywhere. As I said - next time, I'll choose at booking.

LHT28 03-30-2013 01:29 PM

Well at least you know where you will be & you are OK with the location

I would be a basket case if I had to wait that long

Enjoy the cruise