Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Talking Done with cruise reviews
I was checking out the reviews on the ship we're about to take (which I always do) and couldn't believe what past cruisers were complaining about. I realize that those who have an axe to grind are more likely to submit a review than those who had a great time, but the nitpicking has finally got to me. Complaining that the glass elevator didn't make a loud enough signal to let you know it was there? Really? The pools were too crowded? Is any resort pool or beach any different? The food seemed prepared for the masses. Well - duh! And on and on they go. Spewing negative things. I wonder if these same people complain as much after other types of vacations - probably.
Anyway - my wife and I have been on a dozen cruises on many different lines and sure, we've had a few issues - but nothing that would deter us from cruising again or things we haven't experienced doing other things. If it were so bad, why do so many of us keep cruising? The thing we like about cruising is it is what you make it to be. We choose to make it fun. To all of you 'half empty' types - we won't miss you - or your whining.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Administrator

I have little patience for those people who think they should be getting the Ritz Carlton experience at a Holiday Inn cost when they cruise. But, they are sadly everywhere these days and unfortunately come here to post their ridiculous observations. And, since cruise reviews (good, bad, and the ridiculous) drive web traffic they show up online. I have to allow it or else I get accused of editing content to curry favor with the cruise lines.

The elevator didn't make a loud enough tone so they missed their deck? Perhaps if they weren't running their mouths and instead paying attention to the deck display they wouldn't have had that horrific experience.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:51 PM

Smile
I am so with you two. I have been on 10 cruises now and am flabbergasted by the people who can't find edible food, find friendly service workers or find something to do. Unless there was something that really went wrong, like a lengthy power outage, sewer backup etc., there is very little to complain about.

Nothing is ever perfect, but when I'm on a cruise, I really don't see anything but perfection when I'm looking out at the ocean or visiting a place to see the sights, or eat a meal I haven't had to cook and clean for.

People may think it sounds more worldly to complain about minor things, but to me, it just sounds whiny.

That's my two cents.
Judy
Old 08-25-2013, 04:37 AM

Guys,

I completely agree with you...when I am on a cruise, no matter what is happening around me, everything just seems right with the world. Why....BECAUSE I AM ON A CRUISE!!!

For what it costs per day on any of the major cruise lines, you couldn't find a hotel room and eat at quality restaurants and pay for entertainment. Throw in the fact that you are on a floating resort with great amenities, not to mention the view....well, you get the point. Oh yeah, and the free travel to exotic ports of call. Did I forget to mention the 24-hour room service? All the free coffee, tea and juice that you can drink? Free exercise facilities, most of which have an awesome view? Bags delivered and picked up at your door? A personal stateroom attendant who will take care of most of your needs?

I just laugh at some of the stupid comments I hear while on the ship from people who obviously are never happy with anything in life. The fact is, they are simply getting what they deserve (a bad time)!

I still read the reviews just so I can have a good laugh and think about how much I will enjoy my next cruise!

Take care,

Brad

Old 08-26-2013, 12:10 PM

Wink
I hope they never return, that way I won't have to hear them complaining as we stand in that loooooong line to check in or for the buffet or whatever else it is they want to complain about. When I'm on vacation I don't want to hear anyones problems ....

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews