Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 08:59 AM

Cool Free cruise and air
Here is something new to me. Received an offer in the mail from Infinity Travel, an authorized agent of RCI, to attend an informational presentation by Destinations Unlimited. By doing this we will receive an 8 night cruise with air included. Wow, does this have scan written all over it. Will decline but wondering if others have had this one and why does RCI allow its name to be used in these sort of things ?

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM
never heard of that, but did see a 4 night Enchantment for 199 pp plus a 100 OBC. So 300 buck for 2 for 4 nights. Probably less than the 'fees' for your free cruise, and no seminars!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 10-22-2013, 03:27 PM

I'm thinking there's got to be some sort of a catch. Usually if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. You're probably right to decline that. Also, you probably don't have a choice of when you can go.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-23-2013, 06:19 AM

True, there are the usual upfront black outs, paying of certain charges, and the fact that certain ports of sailing are regarded as an upgrade that don't qualify. Too many things that just jump out and then I did a search yesterday that did reveal some complaints about the companies involved in this. I still don't understand why RCI would want to be remotely associated with this.

Peterl

Old 10-23-2013, 06:59 AM

You have to be careful of the language they use. They said they are an "authorized agent" of Royal Caribbean, which simply means they can sell Royal Caribbean cruises. Did they say specifically that the "free" cruise is ON a Royal Caribbean ship, or is that just implied?

I suspect Royal Caribbean doesn't actually have anything to do with this "offer."
Old 10-23-2013, 09:54 AM

Unhappy
Sandy, it does state the offer is valid on a participating RCI itinerary. And yes they are an authorized agent of RCI and solely responsible for this offer. I think where they get you is that it states, "Some ports of departure are upgrades only", and guests are responsible for those !

Peterl

Tags
affiliated, agency, caribbean, complimentary, cruise, free, infinity, international, lines, mail, offer, royal, scam, scams, travel