Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 06:30 AM

Default Air to San Juan
It appears that we will be on another RCI cruise next April. Our last cruise was 2011 aboard Princess so we are anxious to get back on board. We have 4 grandchildren that will graduate from high school and the parents have decided on a cruise and it is leaning towards San Juan. We have cruised out of there twice and both times since my wife was working at a college, we had to go during spring break and it was usually in April. With that being said, I need some input about flights during break times from those that may have done it recently.
A quick look at a balcony on Adventure going out of San Juan 4/19/15 appears reasonable but its the cost of the flight that is unattainable this far in advance. Not sure if anyone out there can help with some input on the flights.
Thanks in advance.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-05-2014, 10:18 AM

Have you checked "Choice Air" with RCI? It is always important to book early for Spring Break or any holiday time frame. Also, have you checked alternate airports in your area?
Old 04-05-2014, 04:52 PM
I know southwest is now flying to San Juan ,but the bookings won't open for a while, and who knows if they'll be a bargain.
Seems like airfares are on an upward spiral.
If you set an alert to email you as soon as they open, sometimes you can catch a good deal.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 04-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Smile
Thanks Cruise Fanatic and Poor Mom for your input. Have never used RCI for their flights in the past but since we were previously restricted to college break dates I've experienced bookings and flights during these time periods and do realize that both cruises and flight prices cost more and are heavily booked . We have been flying SWA and/or Air Tran on our last 2 trips for our monthly get a way in FL. We have not had to book them during breaks so our experience has not been to bad on the price. We generally fly out of Maine but could consider NH and/or Boston if the price were better. I will remember to set alerts on the air lines when we being the search. Thanks again.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews