Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 AM
We usually fly/bus/train into the port a day or two before the cruise. I almost always work my last day at home and I actually pack at the last minute. I start organizing as soon as the cruise is booked, and many of my "travel items" stay with the suitcase, so it is mainly just my clothes that need to be packed. I have packing light down to a science and it only takes a few minutes. Then we drive either from two to four hours to one of the cities we fly out of to stay in a hotel where we can leave the car for the time we are away and fly/bus/train out next morning.

Need some cruise help?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
many of my "travel items" stay with the suitcase,
This is a big time-saver, isn't it Jill SC; I do the same thing. There are so many things I only need when cruising. I even have a section in my closet for "cruise clothes."
Old 03-18-2010, 12:38 PM
I just go through my travel stuff before I go and check and replace anything that needs it, like batteries for the travel clock or expired advil or cough syrup, or new travel size toothbrush & toothpaste, etc.

Need some cruise help?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I go through all of my documents. I take one of those inexpensive folders with the three fasteners and 2 pockets. I fill it with a bunch of clear page protectors.In the front I print mapquest directions to the port. A copy of all our passports, setsail pass, birth certificates.
A printout of any excursions I've pre booked.
Important phone numbers, including my credit card carriers, in case I lose my cell phone. It's light weight, doesn't take up much room and keeps me from dropping things in line at check in.
I also like to print out the deck plans floor by floor so I can know where I'm going.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Closed Thread

Tags
ahead, beach, before, cruise, day, departure, earlier, fly, forum, leave, leaving, long, luggage, seatlle, seattle, sisters, visit