Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 07:04 PM
My wife and I will be going on our 4th cruise in February. We are going on a western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Freedom so I have been reading reviews from different sites and I was surprised to see so many negative reviews. People complain about cold food,shabby shows, not enough activities,etc. I decided to look at some reviews of the 3 ships I have sailed on and found similar reviews.
I don't understand! We have had the most wonderful experiences on all of them with no complaints. Am I missing something? What more could people want? There are also many good reviews, but I just don't understand what some people want. My gosh, the worst cruise we had was perfect!
Old 11-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Administrator

I wouldn't worry about it. The complainers are the same people you see in daily life who whine about everything. They just can't be happy unless they find fault with something. We see it here all the time - people will say their whole 7 night cruise was horrible because of some minor thing. Their waiter forgot the extra butter and suddenly all the food was bad, all the service was bad, the entertainment was bad, and they want a full refund. It gets to be annoying.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:27 PM
papa55, we don't understand it either. I read a review right here a while back of a cruise that a good friend of mine just heppened to be on. The two accounts were as different as night and day; you wouldn't think they were on the same ship. As Dave said, some people let one little problem color their opinion of the whole cruise. But fortunately they are very few in number; they just happen to usually be very vocal. What's the point of being miserable if you don't let everybody know it.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:34 AM

Papa, Dave and f-mattox are spot on.

People tend to post bad reviews at a much higher ratio. More people that have a wonderful time won't post a review or comment.

Dwayne
Old 11-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Maybe it's me. I am not exactly high society. I have been a 7th & 8th grade social studies teacher for 25 years so my outlook on relaxation and entertainment may be different than that of the refined cruiser. All I know is that it is the perfect vacation for my wife and me. I just wished I had discovered how much fun it was years ago. Papa
Old 11-27-2009, 05:43 PM

Some folks just don't seem to get it like we do is all I can figure. I've cruised once a year since my first one. For the few years I missed in between I had to make it up and go twice the next year. It is my preferred vacation from everyday life.

Sure, things are not going to be always perfect, but why look for them. I go with the flow and enjoy my cruises rather than focus on the few inconsequential negatives.

Dwayne
Old 11-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I think that the people who cruise too much (if that's possible) look for things to complain about. They're almost bored with the whole thing. Sure - you can pick anything apart if you try hard enough, but for the average Joe like me who's lucky enough to go once a year, it's a 'Dream' vacation (no pun intended). Like Dwayne says - some people just don't get it.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Administrator

I don't think it's the people who cruise too much; rather the people who expect too much.

Papa, I don't get it either. I just sit back and enjoy.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:25 AM

I've been on cruises where folks find fault with everything, saying their best ever cruise was the one they took last before this one. I just KNOW that on their next cruise, they'll refer to this current one as their best ever cruise.

I agree that it's a question of expectation and that all-pervasive feeling of entitlement. And I also agree that it's more often the folks with complaints who post reviews. You can see that on this system, with folks writing scathing reviews of their cruise who never intend to return to the board for a civil discussion. They think, "The waiter forgot to give me a lemon for my tea, so I'm going to tell everyone I can what a terrible cruise line this is and by doing that, I'll be responsible for thousands of people never going on that cruise line again. That'll show 'em."

Yeah, right.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:11 PM

papa55, I've written many times that more people will take time to complain than take time to write good reviews. I don't understand it either. I, too, am thankful every minute I'm on board a ship. I only wish it could be more often. I don't think I could EVER get bored cruising, EVER. I have never had a bad cruise, just some better than others

Closed Thread