Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 08:48 PM

I am going on a cruise out of Miami in August and wanted to see if anyone has been on either cruise and which one would they recommend. Thanks
Old 01-10-2010, 10:49 PM

I've been on both these ships. They are comparable in size. The cabins are much larger on the Imagination. 185 sq ft for both inside and outside on Imagination. Only 119 inside and 122 outside on Majesty. The Imagination has gone through a major refurbishment and the Majesty was refurbished in 2007. I would enjoy going on either ship again. Unless there's a huge difference in price then I'd look at which itinerary you like. The Majesty does stop at a private island for a beach day.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 PM

We haven't cruised on Imagination. We have sailed on Majesty 6 times. She's a great ship with a super crew. Food has always been good. Enjoy which ever one you choose.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 01-31-2010, 07:55 AM

I sailed on Majesty of the Sea 5 years ago (before the refurbishing) and will be sailing on it again in March. It's a nice ship especially for a first time cruise. There were enough things to do on the ship to keep all of us entertained (children were 13 and 15 at the time). Although the inside state rooms are small, we weren't in them very often, just too sleep. The bathroom space is small-make sure you bring something to hang on your bathroom door to hold all of your toiletries. We liked the smaller size of the ship for getting around, we have sailed on larger ships and it seemed like we spent a lot of time getting from one end of the ship to the other. Have fun.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:24 PM

I've been on both ships and it does really boil down to what mood you are in and the itenerary. You'll have an awesome cruise on either, but with the new renovation/evolution of Imagination, I personally would lean that direction. The new waterpark and serenity areas alone are worth the difference, elt alone the larger cabins.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Sailed on Majesty twice. The second time was last week and I was disappointed in the quality of the evening entertainment, but everything else was top notch. Their staff goes out of their way to serve their guests. The ship is clean, offers lots of things to do, lots of delicious food.

If you haven't booked your cruise yet, you might ask Royal Caribbean and Carnival if they provide professional entertainers in the evening or their own employees (such as Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers). My two previous cruises had outstanding entertainment, this last trip on Majesty had a juggler who often dropped things and their own singers and dancers, kind of like a high school swing choir.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:33 PM

Sorry you were disappointed in the entertainment. Actually, Royal Caribbean does hire professional singers and dancers. They're booked through a professional contractor, often the same one that provides entertainment to several ships on different lines. The shows are developed by professional choreographers and show producers. The singers and dancers are trained at a facility in Florida, and then board the ship as a troupe, and stay about six months. When they work for Royal Caribbean, they're called the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers. They're often from different parts of the world, and depending on the contractor, are sometimes mostly British.

These singers and dancers do not double as waiters, room stewardesses, or anything else with the possible exception of helping to run the lifeboat drill the first day onboard. My lifeboat drill on Voyager of the Seas many years ago was lead by one of the ice skaters from the ice show.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:52 PM
kls,
I had to laugh when you said they had a juggler that dropped things because on Celebrity in Feb we watched a juggler and he did do some good tricks but he dropped things too, I am sure RCCL and Celebrity may share some of the same intertainment. I have to say I felt for him, his presentation was lacking a lot, but several of his trick were very good, It just hurt to see him drop some things "OUCH"

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 04-06-2010, 07:07 AM

tncruiseman...What is a serenity area?
Old 04-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What is a serenity area
These are adults-only outdoor lounge areas being retrofitted on Carnival's Fantasy-class ships.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, entertainers, imagination, juggler, liner, majest, majesty, refurb, royal, sea, seas, ship, triumph