Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 04:43 PM

Hello

I am thinking of taking a European Cruise with Disney this summer.

My query is, does anybody know if the childrens clubs are strictly aged 3 upwards? I have a 2.5 year old who will be 7 weeks off her 3rd birthday when we travel. I think she will find the nursery too young and as we are travelling with friends with older children, I think she would be upset if she couldn't join in the activities with them.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Amanda
Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

Age limits are adhered to, because if they start making exceptions because kid X is only 7 weeks away from being 3 years old then they end up compromising the program. You can't effectively manage a youth program if you start making exceptions. How soon before it becomes a "you let that kid in, why not mine" battle?

The youth staff gets a manifest of the names and ages of all kids on the cruise. It won't hurt to ask and perhaps someone might overlook it, but I wouldn't expect things to go your way.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Thank you for your advice.

I've actually just phoned up the Disney Cruise Line and they said it should be fine. Anyone with a birthday within the month can join. Although I said twice she'd be about 6 weeks away, I was still told that it would be fine!!! I hope that this is the case.

Thanks again.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Administrator

I'm glad things might work out for you. Just a caveat - what happens on the ship is often not the same as what the person on the phone says, although Disney tends to be more reliable as far as everyone talking from the same playbook. I'd not waste any time going to the youth staff once I boarded the ship and getting things worked out.

Enjoy your cruise! Disney doing Europe cruises was wonderful news and I have no doubt you'll love it.

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, clubs, cruise, disney, drydock, europe, european, gong, kids, magic, names, review, reviews, year, youth