Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Hi guys
do any of you know if the heaven sight mall open during the 4 of july?? Is the 4 of july an official holiday in st Thomas?? what about the tours on the island duroing those days do they still work duroing the 4 of july??

I am planning my next year cruise and during monday 4 of july, and we will be at st Thomas as their normal port of call and I want to know if this port of call will be lost for tourist because they are celebrating the holiday and the island is "close for business"...thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Administrator

I have no doubt that if a cruise ship is in town, Havensight Mall will be open regardless of the day. I can't imagine Independence Day being a big holiday in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Is it a big celebration in Puerto Rico?
Old 07-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Actually for us it is

we don't make as big noise as the celebration in USA but we celebrate the day in the island and normally all our stores, malls and the goverment are close even our private sector is close there are only a few "island holidays" that this happen and they are:

* 4 of july
* christmas
* new years eve
* catholic Friday of our saint week (semana Santa)

not even the private sector industry work during those days Only Old San Juan and our tourist areas near the Cruise ships are mostly open for tourist so I am asking if st Thomas is the same...
Old 07-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Since it is a federal holiday Independence Day is observed on St. Thomas, and so the government offices and so forth will be closed. But shops, beaches, tours, will be open for business.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks this help me a lot to decide the departing date for my next cruise one week more and it will have cost me a little bit more $$$

thanks

Tags
august, caribbean, celebrations, cruise, cruises, day, holiday, independence, islands, july, observed, reviews, royal, st, thomas, virgin