Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 07:32 PM

I packed four suitcases for my husband and I for our first cruise. Since then, I have done much better. I am a planner and I always like to plan for the unexpected. I always pack more than I need and clothes for " just in case' situations. I like to have more than I need rather than wishing I had packed something else.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:22 AM

We're probably in trouble here. We bought a bunch of new (smaller ) clothes for our trip. Although we tend to be shorts/jeans & t-shirt people any time we can get away with it, DH is even bringing his suit!! Fortunately, we're being limo'd to the port and back, so no AIR hassle!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-16-2009, 09:19 AM

Thanks to working in the tourism industry I have got packing down to a fine art....good job really since airline weight limits are a tad tight thesedays.

My next cruise is for 40 days with a 20kg weight limit on checked bags x 1.

So in a 25" wheeled hard sided case (checked in) there will be 16 crinkle cotton skirts, 30 tops, 4 pairs jeans, 4 pairs leggings, lingerie, nightwear & 5 posh frocks. The toiletries will also be in there too.

My 18" wheeled hard sided case (handluggage) will have shoes and anything that I either forget to put in the 25" case or things that I might need on the flights to Singapore or from Rome.

I have found that is isn't so much what you pack, but HOW you pack it
1971 - P&O Oriana
1972 - SS France
1975 - SS Leopard
1977 - P&O Canberra
2005 - NCL Norwegian Jewel - Shakedown Cruise - Jersey
2005/6 - NCL Norwegian Crown - Chile, Cape Horn, Falkland Islands, Uruguay & Argentina
2006 - Fred Olsen Braemar Mini Cruise - Amsterdam & Zeebrugge
2007 - Fred Olsen Braemar Transatlantic - Jamaica, Cuba, Bahamas, Bermuda & Azores
2007 - Fred Olsen Braemar Mini Cruise - Guernsey & Amsterdam
2007 - NCL Norwegian Gem - Shakedown Cruise - Amsterdam
2008 - Costa Allegra - Hong Kong, Philippines, Borneo, Brunei, Singapore, Saigon, Da-Nang & Sanya

02/04/2010 - Costa Allegra - 39 Night Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Belawan, Langkawi, Phuket, Colombo, Cochin, Goa, Mumbai, Muscat, Salalah, Aden, Safaga, Aqaba, Sharm el Sheikh, Alexandria, Civitavecchia, Savona, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Ajaccio & (back to) Civitavecchia
Old 05-17-2009, 03:06 AM

Jim, I guess I've never noticed the pricing of the ships cruising from the various ports available in the south. Great info to have.

Thanks.

Peterl

Old 05-17-2009, 03:10 AM

PS to Jim: I don't think it matters much to us as due to my wifes work schedule, we are restricted to the high price break times of Feb and April and we are not quite ready in Feb to vavation. It will also be nice when we are both retired (I work parttime and wife is still full time) and we can select the longer and different cruise itineries than we are now limited to.

Peterl

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, bring, cruise, enchantment, enchantmentof, england, pack, packing, safaga, seas, transatlantic