Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Banned

I was looking for a bargain for on a September cruise, they usually are very reasonable because it is still hurricane season and the kids are back in school. This year they are all very high. All that I checked were more than I paid for our May cruise by at least 20-30% I was curious if anyone else has found this large an increase.Some years we take 2or3 cruises and usually can get a bargain especially this time of year and kind of last minute so to speak. Was there some sort of overall rate increase or what?I think maybe with less competition all the time with some going out others being bought up that it maybe just a rich mans vacation in the near future. Oh well I enjoyed it while it lasted.If any one else has found a significent increase recently please advis. I have talked to several avid cruisers and all say the same.
Tom
Old 06-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Banned

I was looking for a bargain for on a September cruise, they usually are very reasonable because it is still hurricane season and the kids are back in school. This year they are all very high. All that I checked were more than I paid for our May cruise by at least 20-30% I was curious if anyone else has found this large an increase.Some years we take 2or3 cruises and usually can get a bargain especially this time of year and kind of last minute so to speak. Was there some sort of overall rate increase or what?I think maybe with less competition all the time with some going out others being bought up that it maybe just a rich mans vacation in the near future. Oh well I enjoyed it while it lasted.If any one else has found a significent increase recently please advis. I have talked to several avid cruisers and all say the same.
Tom
Old 06-23-2004, 12:43 PM

Hi Tom,

with the cruise lines' occupancy levels and earnings increasing, it just natural that prices rise, as well. While it is still possible to get some superb bargains (certainly not for all itineraries, though), they are rare compared to last year.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

Raoul
Thanks for the input! you are sure correct about the bargains being few and far between I was looking again today after my post and some of the lines are sold out for the first week os Sept. This always was a very slow time in the past.I geuss I will be cutting back on my cruising to some extent.Thanks again.
Tom Stanton
Old 06-24-2004, 11:00 AM

Hi. I don't know where you've been looking, but I've been inquiring about a fall cruise and my TA has come back with some outstanding deals. I will probably wait to book in July as the deals seem to get a little better then.. I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but I'll take the chance.. Email him and see what he can find for you. dgoth0157@yahoo.com
Old 06-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Banned

Bomb
I have been using cruises only, I have used the same t/a there for years, We wanted to go the 1st week of Sept. I will try your agent though. I don't think any one would get me a much better rate than cruises only they are one of the largest cruise agencys around, but you never know.Every one I have talked to tells me they are up 20-30% over this time last year.If this trend is going to continue we will just go less, find something else to do I geuss.
Tom
Old 07-05-2004, 12:33 PM

Hi Thomas,

Passenger confidence has returned this year and many more sailings are showing less capacity for wholesale rates. We specialize in the wholesale market with the best prices for luxury cruises worldwide.

There are still some great rates available for a few select Queen Mary 2 sailings on Jan 15 and Jan 22 for 7 days $1278 inside and $1789 outside. Seabourn is a beautiful luxury line with intimate personalized service with great food. They have a few select sailings at good rates for Nice to Barcelona Aug 22nd 7 days
oceanview $2495 or $3195 outside balcony or Aug 22nd 14 days oceanview $4945 or $6295 outside balcony. For more info log onto our website at www.DeluxeCruises.com.
Best Regards,

Steve Porter
www.DeluxeCruises.com
(800) 845-1717
Old 07-07-2004, 02:44 PM

Hi...I book all of my cruises directly through carnival and always get a very good deal...I did 2 cruises in May and have one booked for April 3, 2005...I always use the same guy and he always looks out for me...kind of cut out the middle man....hope you find a good deal on your cruise...Sharon
Old 07-28-2004, 12:14 AM

Hi Tom,
I don't know where you are looking - but there are bargains around. I am planning our second European river cruise for 2005 and found that you can get a spectacular deal if you make early reservations. Check out http://www.uet.com/amade1.html
Good Luck / tban
Old 07-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Banned

I use cruises only in Orlando and have used them and the same agent for the ;ast 12-13 years.When I say prices are high I am refering to the large price increases in just the last 8-10 months.I know what I could expect to pay for a 7-8 day cruise, and it remained pretty much the same for years, now it is up 25-30% across the board.And yes I check several different agent's just to keep mine honest. I was just looking for a good explanation why things have gotten so high so fast.
Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
agent, cruise, cruises, current, deluxe, fares, general, high, olivia, porter, price, priced, prices, ship, steve