Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 04:35 AM

Hello
I wanted to introduce myself, My name is Rhonda and me and my honey, Dave will be going on our first cruise for his "Big 50" I wanted to do something special that we do not get to do in our everyday life. I really got an awesome deal on this. We will be traveling on Carnival Inspiration for a 5 day western caribbean in November 2010. Dave use to work in Grand Cayman 20+ years ago, it will be awesome for him to look and see how things have changed.
For our shore excursions, I played it safe and just booked 3-4 hour guided tours.. We are scheduled for the 6:00 dinner. I am really excited about the Captian's dinner, but Dave is not.. we are very laid back people and we dont dress fancy.. but how fun....
My best friend Char and her mother will be traveling with us... More the merrier..
Wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts on this site as it has answered alot of my questions.. Awesome website for all levels of cruisers.
Anything you would like to share regarding this cruise, tips & tricks... Im all open..
Old 10-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Rhonda,
This is very exciting and it is almost here. Dave will have a wonderful time. You can dress up or down so have a ball and tell Dave not to worry about anything. Welcome to Cruise Chat too. Soon you will be booking your 2nd Cruise because it is addicting..

Don't forget to come back and tell us all about it too.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 10-10-2010, 06:36 AM

Rhonda, welcome to cruise-chat and congrats on your upcoming cruise. You didn't say what islands your were visiting but it seems that you have already done your homework. Have a ball!

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-10-2010, 08:29 AM

Welcome Rhonda,
Tell Dave not to get worked up about the Captain's night. The Captain's night isn't anything near what it was when I first started cruising in 1981. You will see all sorts of dress, particularly on shorter cruises people don't dress up as much. You may see those who really like to dress up and those who don't. If a sports coat and tie with slacks is too much for him, then polo/Hawaiian shirt and dockers will probably fit right in with what some are wearing. Sadly, times are changing and the airline luggage fees aren't helping.
Read your daily program each day, circle or highlight the things that interest you most. Everything is quite simple if you just read the program. The important thing to remember is you can't do it all, so just enjoy and have fun.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:30 AM

we will be going to cozumal and grand cayman
Old 10-10-2010, 10:15 AM

Have you made the plans for these two islands, if not, Sting Ray City and 7 Mile Beach are two great things to consider while there. We have done both and will be there again in Feb with four new cruisers and have already booked another snorkel with a private company. Last time we were there we hung out on 7 Mile Beach for a few hours and then did a little shopping.
Enjoy !

Peterl

Old 10-11-2010, 09:08 AM

Congratulations on your up-coming cruise and welcome to Cruise-Chat, New 2 Cruizin! What a wonderful, wonderful birthday gift! I hope Dave realizes how lucky he is. Grand Cayman and Cozumel are two great ports. Good shopping, great beaches, good snorkeling, and very clean islands.

Peter is so right, 7 mile beach is just beautiful. Stingray city is very exciting if you've never been swimming with stingrays. Paradise Beach and Chankanaab Park in Cozumel are nice places to visit. I prefer Chankanaab because the snorkeling is better, but there is no cover charge for Paradise Beach. Chankanaab has raised its prices to $19/pp, but it covers everything except the swim with the dolphins. They have a zoo, gardens, shops, water toys, lounge chairs, restaurant/bar, shade, everything you need. Paradise has a restaurant/bar, chairs, etc., but charge for the water toys. Both places will just run a tab and you can settle up at the end for your drinks/food. You can grab a cab at the port. Hope y'all have a wonderful time and book another cruise really soon. All of us on the board know how addictive cruising is
Old 10-14-2010, 09:45 AM

We were on the inspiration back in September 2001. This was only a couple of weeks after our country's terrible tragedy in New York City. I really didn't feel like cruising at that time, but since it was already booked, we decided to go anyway. My most treasured memory of this cruise was that my husband, who is an accomplished pianist, was in the talent show and played a patriotic medley which brought tears to my eyes. It really went over well with the audience, and if I remember correctly, got a standing ovation.

Happy cruising, Rhonda. You'll love this ship.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:18 PM

I had the pleasure of experiencing Stingray City some years back. Highly reccomended as an excursion. What a thrill swimming with those gentle giants. I will never forget that experience!