Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:05 AM

Howdy all - My wife and I went on a western caribbean cruise for our 10 year anniversary in April of 2004. We had an absolute blast on board the Voyager. We left our kids at home with grandma & grandnpa so it was just the two of us.

Now we are thinking of taking a family cruise with some freinds of ours. There will be four adults and four kids (ages 5,7,7,9) We were originally thinking of taking an Eastern caribbean on Disney, but then we saw the prices. WOW!

We have decided to look at Royal Caribbean because both couples have had great experiences with them in the past.

Here is what I want to know:
1. Do you think kids in this age group will have as much fun on RC's cruise as they would on a Disney cruise?

2. Could any of you tell me about your experiences with the kids programs and your family cruise aboard a Voyager class ship?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2005, 06:34 PM

Unless your kids are Disney character nuts, they will have a blast on a Voyager class ship. While they didn't exist when my son was the age your kids ae, he loved cruising and would have loved the Voyager class ships. You will have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 03-07-2005, 06:41 AM

My daughter and I have cruised on numerous occasions with other families and although she is now 22 - Her preference was for RCI. As is the case with Tom's son, my daughter's experience with the Voyager class ships was as a teenager and young adult, but she often commented that this class ship was available when she cruised as a young child.

I think either children's program would be outstanding for the age of children you will be bringing. But comparing the 2 products, I believe RCI's youth program equals Disney's in every way and is a much better value for the money.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
carribean, kids, program, review, royal