Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Administrator

woodon,

It isn't TSA that is restricting carry-on luggage from Canada. Your government decided to do that to make things easier on the security screeners at Canadian airports. They figured the fewer carry-ons they had to inspect, the faster they could process passengers.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Dave,
The CNN atricle was great, but the comments after are better. We all WANT security, but we don't want to be inconvenienced. Sorry wooddon, I know it is more convenient to bring carry ons, and it costs money to check a bag, but if security is in question, check your bags. If they decide to throw out my shampoo, I can get more. I hate paying $3 for a bottle of water, but I will. Thanks Dave for the up to date information.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 PM

I understand, but why only people flying into the US can't have carry on??? When you fly back to Canada from the US you can have carry on. It just does not make sense. We have 10 bottles of medication and we can't check these, plus a camera and a video recorder. We do put all of our stuff into the checkin bags, but there are stuff that they all tell you not too!!! Our carry on is normal half full, but pack on the way home. We just do not understand the difference if we drive across the broder to Buffalo and get on a plane with no restrictions. Make no sense at all. We do not mind been check several times, that is no big deal to us, but please just let us at least bring one carry on, is that asking too much????
Thanks.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:23 AM

Wooddon,
The things you describe carrying on board are very logical. Makes perfect sense. Many frequent fliers describe luggage only two ways, carry on and lost. The folks who try to bring EVERYTHING on board make it hazardous and ruin for everyone. I believe you will be able to bring a carryon on most flights, they will be limits of course.
Queen
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Again, it isn't TSA limiting carry-on luggage. All they said was everyone on flights entering the U.S. have to have their carry-on luggage inspected at the gate. I can't help it if officials in Canada and other countries chose to limit carry-ons as a response. Nobody in the U.S. told them they had to do that. Their reason for imposing the extra security on international flights is because that is where the threat came from.

Now, to be clear I think most of what TSA does down here is security theater and doesn't do anything to improve flight safety, and yes, the rules on international flights are a knee-jerk reaction just as the shoe carnival was and still is.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:50 AM

As I mentioned in a previous post, some folks were and still are bringing on so much carry on baggage the last people to board could not find any room for even a small carry on sometimes far less than the stipulated size. It is disconcerting to see your small bag left at the entrance of the plane to be loaded into the main baggage area with only a little tag attached indentifying it, hopefully to be retrieved at the final destination. I wonder why some insist it is their right to travel with such large bags oblivious uncaring of the trouble they cause. There would be more than enough room for all baggage if we stayed within the limits allowed by the airline.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I was watching the news here in Canada over a year ago and they reported on a Security breach.

It turned out a member of "Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition" aka the Liberal Transportation Critic
dared the Minister of Transportation to go on a fact finding mission with him. They went to an airport, gave their body guards the slip, stopped on a roadway outside the airport, and tried a few doors, one was
unlocked, and then they were wandering around the tarmac totally un-challenged.

The Minister was not impressed, he was quoted as saying "Here ware are shaking people down for their tooth paste and
shampoo and thre I was standing nose to nose with a 747".

Mind you, the nature of his rank may have spoiled his own experiment. He is allowed to go anywhere on any airport without question, just like the Commanding General of the armed forces can go anywhere on any military base without question.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 AM

GOOD NEWS!! We can bring one carry on now into the US. per person!!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 AM

wooddon,

Where did you hear or read this?

B
Old 01-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Where did you hear or read this?
Look here

Closed Thread

Tags
air, alaska, arms, babes, canada, crew, europe, flight, hour, international, london, powered, rule, rules, ticket, travel, tsa, vbulletin