Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2004, 08:35 AM

I posted this on the PRincess forum, but I suppose it's alsot a "general" question

Howdy...new here...but I think I found a new home *lol*

Question I have is, I'm currently on a waitlist for the above crusie (Dawn Princess, Oct 4, 2004)...number 13 overall, but certain categories I'm number 1...my question is, what are the odds I'll actually be able to get on the cruise? Anyone have any experiences with this?
Old 09-07-2004, 08:35 AM

I posted this on the PRincess forum, but I suppose it's alsot a "general" question

Howdy...new here...but I think I found a new home *lol*

Question I have is, I'm currently on a waitlist for the above crusie (Dawn Princess, Oct 4, 2004)...number 13 overall, but certain categories I'm number 1...my question is, what are the odds I'll actually be able to get on the cruise? Anyone have any experiences with this?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:53 AM

welcome to Cruise-chat! We always love to have new people join the family. There are obviously no guarantees when it comes to being waitlisted, but being number 1 on a waitlist is a pretty good indicator that you stand a better than average chance of getting on the cruise - particularly if transportation at the last minute is not a problem. I have been waitlisted twice and able to go on the sailing. Good luck and keep us posted on your success -
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-07-2004, 10:03 AM

thanks for the welcome....

I wish there WAS a guarantee..*pout*...but I suppose that's what happens when you wait...but in this case, I can legitimately blame the wife for it...

last minute transportation isn't a huge issue to me...I can always drive...it's only about 14 hours from Chicago I think...which I'd be willing to do...

another question for you, since you've been waitlisted before...how much more expensive is it, did you have to pay the "brochure" price, or was it significgantly cheaper than the brochure?

Thanks again
Old 09-07-2004, 01:43 PM

Hmmm, again you ask a question in which there are no guarantees or hard and fast rules. On my first experience we paid the rate that was offered at the time we requested to be waitlisted; the second time we paid the going rate for that category at the time the cabin was available. In both cases it was less than the brochure rate.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-07-2004, 04:07 PM

Hi there
I have been wait listed as well. For the cruise overall & for upgrades. Being #1 you have an excellent chance of being called. Generally the pricing is what you were quoted, sometimes less. I have only paid more for a better cabin.
GOOD LUCK! Happy Cruising

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 09-07-2004, 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunprincess:
Hi there
I have been wait listed as well. For the cruise overall & for upgrades. Being #1 you have an excellent chance of being called. Generally the pricing is what you were quoted, sometimes less. I have only paid more for a better cabin.
GOOD LUCK! Happy Cruising

Thanks so much for all the information....I'm gonna keep hoping and I'll keep you all posted...
Old 09-09-2004, 08:20 AM

ARGH!!!!! Still waitlisted...

I think I'm gonna have to book the airfare soon though so I don't end up paying an arm, leg, and left nostril to fly down there
Old 09-09-2004, 02:59 PM

Cyberrat,
Sorry you are still waitlisted. I would think with all the recent hurricane developments of late that there are bound to be some people who are having second thoughts and want to cancel their plans. You are right about the airfare, however. Usually there is a $100 change fee and if you have to cancel the flight and use at a later date, it would probably be less than the addded cost of any airfare you purchase within that 14 day window.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-09-2004, 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NancyN:
Cyberrat,
Sorry you are still waitlisted. I would think with all the recent hurricane developments of late that there are bound to be some people who are having second thoughts and want to cancel their plans. You are right about the airfare, however. Usually there is a $100 change fee and if you have to cancel the flight and use at a later date, it would probably be less than the addded cost of any airfare you purchase within that 14 day window.
Nancy

I was thinking the same thing, but the airfare is only 140 bucks each, so I'm torn

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, chances, cheap, cruise, cruises, dining, im, list, moving, no, pay, possibilities, princess, royal, transportation, waiting, waitlist, waitlisted