Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 01:02 PM

We are going on the Ruby Princess in June 2009. We have anytime seating for dinner. It will be my daughter and myself taking this cruise. I have always done the dining room early dinner. Would it be easier to do set time and if we don't like the seating arrangements change to anytime. Do you have to wait to get a seat at the differant restaurants? Any help would be appreciated.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 PM
If you switch from set dining to anytime on the cruise they do not usually let you switch back if you do not like anytime
The only difference to me is with anytime
you can eat at different times as you choose,
you can dine alone or join others,
you get different wait staff each day unless you ask for their section.
You get the same food as set dining
you may have to wait if you choose a popular time period
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 04-06-2009, 01:18 PM

Hi Livia, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We first did anytime dining on the Sea Princess. We were wait-listed for late seating, so we opted to select anytime dining. We now love it. You can eat dinner when you want, share or not share a table with others, the service is the same although you don't get the same wait staff night after night (unless you specify you want that particular attendant), and you don't have the same tablemates each evening (unless you meet someone you want to share dinner with again). It is the same as going to a restaurant, prime time may have a short wait, but we've never had any problem. We usually go down around 6:30, but it can be earlier or later depending on our shore excursions. Personally, we enjoy it, because we get to eat when we prefer and we get to meet more people. We sailed on the Royal Princess this past December/January, and they didn't offer anytime, so we went back to traditional. We had great tablemates, and wait staff, but still had to hurry back a few times from excursions since we had main seating. It wasn't bad, and we certainly enjoyed the cruise, just enjoy the anytime dining better. There have been many posts both pro and con, I guess the best way to find out if you like it is to try it. Best wishes on your up-coming cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:25 PM

Thanks for the help. I think we will stick to the anytime dining. It's always good to try something new. I have never traveled on Princess or been to Europe so this will all be new. I am excited about the trip and counting the days.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 PM

Well, I sure hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do. They're our favorite line, so far. We've not been able to do a European itinerary, dang air fare is nearly as much in some cases more than the cruise. Hope to hear from you when you return. Bon Voyage
Old 04-07-2009, 10:15 AM

We will cruise RCI this month and wish that it was an option for us. We usually take early seating but also find that we have to rush to be ready and late is just a little late for us.
Oh well, maybe anytime the next time for us.

Peterl

Closed Thread

Tags
anytime, comments, cruise, cruises, dining, dinner, lines, long, marco, polo, princess, review, sea, seating, times