Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 01:02 PM

Aww man! I hate to hear this happened.

Dwayne
Old 06-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Sort of like looking forward to a dental appointment.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:19 PM
I hear ya' Gary; my wife has a very dear friend who has a husband that I feel pretty much the same way about as you do about your "friend". They like to rent a houseboat on the Colorado River every year, and unknown to me, invited us to go along one year--and my wife accepted, without even asking me. It was partly my fault because I had never really expressed to her how much I dislike this guy; and she's thinking, "houseboat, well that's almost like a cruise." But after I told her I'd rather crawl a mile through crushed glass on my hands and knees, she figured a way to decline the offer.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:17 PM

The couple that was going are very very good friends of ours. My wife has know her since they were 6. we get along great with them.
her Husband has developed a urinary track infection that is not responding to treatment. If it responds they can still go. Right now he has a catheter. They have been taking it in and out over the past few days. Hopefull their trip to the Doctor Next Wednesday will clear things up. If not we are going to be stuck with the sister and HIM.
My wife can get along with anyone. She is Miss Pollyanna. She even is not liking this change. If our friend has not already giving the tickets awy we might buy them and take some other fiends, or one of our Sons and his wife. Hey anything to get out of this mess.
Hey Dave and Ric, i will glady get a root canal while crawling thro that glass, just don't let this other couple go.
Back to our fiends. Prayers are needed, He is getting older and little things like this start to take a toll.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:53 PM
He will be on our prayer list. A urinary track infection is no little thing.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:06 PM

I just sent one up too.

Dwayne
Old 06-07-2009, 06:14 PM

Gary, just as a point of information, many or most cruise lines don't allow a name change after final payment date, if both passengers in the cabin can't go. They consider it a cancellation and rebook, at whatever the current rate for that cabin is. Unfortunately, depending on how close the couple is to sailing will determine how much, if any, of their money gets refunded.

I truly hope your friend gets better, whether or not he can join you on the cruise. But in any case, I urge one of you to call the cruise line and be clear about that particular line's policy about name change, refund, etc, before they promise the sister that they can "give" her the cruise.

Sandy
Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 AM

Thanks all. Let's hope he gets better. He has a Dr appointment on Wednesday.
Sandy, thank you. The right questions had been asked earlier. They can make a change up to the 17th of June. I do not know if this is normal or just something HAL is allowing. After the 17th end of story.
I really hope he is fine for a couple of reasons. Number one just for his health. Number two these guys really need a cruise. They do not have much money. They have saved for this for a long time. He lost his insurance and retirement when his company went broke years back. About 18 months ago she was house sitting, when stepping out of the trailer she stepped on a 6 ft rattler. that put her in the Hospital for several weeks.
As a result of being in the hospital with the snake bite, they found a growth on her heart, and were able to remove it.
While in the hospital her nephew had a freak accident while warming up at a football game, he is not expected to walk again. He was a junior in HS and was being looked at by some pretty big name colleges.
These guys just really need to get away. They do not need any more problems.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:45 AM

They have my prayers, Gary. It just amazes me at some of the strange happenings. I know there is a reason, but sometimes it just seems like it's not fair. A very dear friend of mine has had this type of a set of cards dealt to her. Her mom died from cancer when she was 7, her dad remarried his 1st wife who was truly a "witch" because he felt she needed a mother. She would have been so much better off without this stepmother. Her son was born with Tuberous Sclerosis, which was not on either side of the family. Her daughter was killed on a motorcycle 2 years ago. She just got home from having her son operated on to remove parts of his brain associated with his seizures from TS. This poor child has also been hit twice while walking by a car. Her brother was killed in Vietnam. She's not in the best of health, but still takes care of everyone in her remaining family. Just one thing after another. She really deserves a break, so I know what you mean about your friends. I will pray that they will be able to go on this cruise with you and that you won't have to put up with "HIM"
Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 AM

We are travelling as a family of 4, along with my brother in law and his wife. Is there any way we can request to have a table for 6 before we sail? I am not a snob, just not very sociable. I also am a very big guy (6'2" and 230 lbs.) and wouldn't take too well to someone acting or speaking inappropriately in front of my 2 daughters (4&7). I just feel it is better not to tempt fate.

Carnival Dream April 2010

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, carnival, couple, cruise, dining, hookup, pettys, richard, riunite, share, sharing, ship, ships, table, tablemates, tables, wine