Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2004, 06:33 PM

Andy, my sympathy for your lost luggage!! You are right, this is an excellent example of one reason to purchase travel insurance. Have you checked with your insurance agent to see if your household policy will cover more of the loss?
Old 07-31-2004, 02:47 PM

Yes our home owners will cover it but I had to place a claim in May when my daughter hit a car with her bike. If I make another claim now I may lose my coverage or it may increase in cost. What a way to end a beautiful vacation. If I could I would like to go to Tampa and Miami and physically look for it myself.
Andy
Old 07-31-2004, 05:29 PM

Sorry, Andy! When it rains, it pours sometimes. Wishing you the best of luck!
Old 08-01-2004, 10:46 AM

Have just returned from Alaska on the Diamond Princess. For the 1st time they now have "Express Disembarkation" where they allow you to carry off your own luggage. This was the 1st group to be called off the ship. Perhaps the message is catching on???
Thankfully I got my luggage going the traditional way........

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 08-01-2004, 12:45 PM

Andy,
I am so sorry to hear that your luggage was never recovered. What an absolutely awful way to end a vacation. I certainly understand your sentiments towards the cruise company and think, I too, would be tempted to send the $50 back. Thank you for taking the time to report back to us -
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-07-2004, 10:19 AM

Another update. I recieved the check for $50, 10% discount and $30 per person on shore a excursion (these must be rediemed withing 18 months, yea!). I wrote Carnival a letter refusing the check and other offers and sent it all back to them. As you can tell we still don't have our luggage. Now we are just waiting to see what happens.

I also called the guest relations like I have for the past 2 months. They have a room with luggage that is unclaimed. The rep went to look. I asked if he looked inside the bags that looked like mine and he said he didn't and he never went back to check just to be sure. What kind of customer service is this?

I also checked with the BBB and found that Carnival has an "unsatisfactory" rating. This is due to what I have described and that Carnival does not provide the BBB with updates and requested information. I wish I had know this before we booked.
Andy
Old 08-07-2004, 02:55 PM

Andy,
That is really distressing to know that your luggage may just be sitting in some warehouse, waiting to be claimed and you don't have access. And even more distressing to know that you aren't even sure that someone from the cruiseline followed through with a thorough check! I would be tempted to find a reason to make a trip to wherever they store this unclaimed luggage and do some checking of my own.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-07-2004, 05:41 PM

Andy, I am so sorry about the turn of events.

Tom
Old 08-08-2004, 11:12 AM

Nancy, I may just make a trip to Miami. I see you are located in Ohio also. We live just outside of Cincinnati. Where is Wickliffe? I also saw that you were a teacher. I am a teacher in Wilmington, OH.
Andy
Old 08-08-2004, 03:15 PM

Andy,
I am actually a retired teacher (now I spend most of my time as a Travel Journalist). Wickliffe is an eastside suburb of Cleveland. As a fellow Ohioan and from the Cincinnati area specifically, I have to ask - Are you a football fan (Specifically a Cincinnati or OSU fan)? Okay - I know this is a Cruise Discussion Board, but I just couldn't help myself!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bag, cruise, lost, luggage, one, thinair