Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2004, 08:12 AM

My luggage was lost coming off of the Sensation on the 21st of June. What is the longest anyone has gone without finding anything about your lost luggage. I'm afraid since I have yet to hear any possitive information, that my luggage is lost for good.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:12 AM

My luggage was lost coming off of the Sensation on the 21st of June. What is the longest anyone has gone without finding anything about your lost luggage. I'm afraid since I have yet to hear any possitive information, that my luggage is lost for good.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:02 AM

Oh man! If it wasn't there when you debarked the ship, it is likely that someone else took off with it. If you don't have it by now, I suspect it is history at this point.

A couple of cruises ago, a member in our group lost one bag getting on the ship. It was never located the entire cruise, but on the final night he saw it in the hallway in front of a cabin about ten doors down from his. He called the purser's office and they sent security to the cabin it sat in front of. It turned out to be two little old ladies that got the bag by mistake and simply put it in their closet for the duration of the cruise.

If I hadn't have been there myself, I would have never believed the story.

Tom
Old 07-09-2004, 10:54 AM

Yea, I agree with you that our possessions and things we bought in Cozumel are in someone else's closet at their home! The manner in which debarkation is conducted it is a theft waiting to happen. We are hoping that it will show up, but it's not looking good.
Andy
Old 07-09-2004, 10:58 AM

I totally agree with you. I always carry my bags off with me, as I don't like not having ontrol (control freak) of my luggage.

Is Carnival doing anything about it?

Tom
Old 07-09-2004, 11:45 AM

I just got off the phone. I have been calling at least 2x's a day. The rep has contacted the peir in Tampa and they have a few bags w/o tags now and just waiting for a reply. If that turns out to be negative I get a check for a wapping $50. If I had known I could have taken our luggage with us we would have. Live and learn I guess. Oh yea, I'll get trip insurance also!
Andy
Old 07-09-2004, 03:26 PM

Andy,
Keep us posted - we will all be hoping for the best!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-10-2004, 08:18 AM

Tom,
What is the procedure for taking your own luggage off-ship? I thought you HAD to have it inspected before they would let anyone off (except carry-on luggage, of course.) We will have a lot of bags with us, but they all have wheels, so we could manage, but I didn't think Princess would let us. Please enlighten all of us.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:54 AM

Well, it is no fun, but here is what I do. I wait to pack until the morning of debarkation. I have been on lots of cruises and have never been hassled for it. Once packed and ready to debark, I make may way down to the gangway and get in line with whoever happens to be debarking at the time.

I use a large suitcase with wheels and a large carry on that houses my computer, printer, camera stuff and so on. If I need it, I always carry an empty backpack.

Once you are off the ship, you bypass the chaos in the baggage claim area and simply depart the cruise terminal. I have never been asked for my baggage tag color getting off the ship.

The process with the bags is for the ship's convenience, not yours. The colored bag tags are for the moving of luggage off the ship.

If you can handle your own luggage, I would highly recommend it. Before 9/11 I used to always carry my luggage onto the ship, but now it is impossible to do so.

Tom
Old 07-30-2004, 06:16 PM

Just an update on our lost luggage. As of today, July 30th, Carnival has no clue at to the whereabouts of the luggage. They have sent me a check for $50.00 and a 10% off my next cruise. Let this be a lesson to us all. Always get travel insurance! Next time we travel we will be sure to get it! I think I'll just send the $50.00 back with a note that this doesn't even cover the bath robe I bought and never got to use.
Andy

Closed Thread

Tags
bag, cruise, lost, luggage, one, thinair