My honest opinion is that this article must have been written by a person with some bad experiences on his or hers cruise. Or are they assuming their readers to be stupid?
1. "Our Engines Break Down All the Time."
- Ship's engines are made by humans and is being operated by humans. As all of us now, bein human is being imperfect. And honestly, after being more than three years on different cruise ships, they don't break down all the time. And when they do, it's not like one can call a service engineer to show up half an hour later.
But most people does understand that.
2. "The Weather Might Mean Missed Stops."
I wonder what passengers prefer - an extra day at sea, or a damaged cruise because the captain took an higher risk than what was wise. Most of the time it's best to thrust the captain. The companu thrusts him their ship, so he is not just anyone picked up from the street.
And I believe most people are aware of that weather can changed without prediction. But when the weather is predictable in due time such as most hurricanes, alternative iteniraries are made.
3. "This Ship Is a Health Hazard -- It's Just Crawling With Viruses."
So are hotels, malls, stadiums, even hospitals or anywhere else large amounts of living organisms are gathered.
4. "Sure, We Can Take Care of Your Plane Reservations, but You'd Do a Whole Lot Better on Your Own."
It's a cruise line, not a travel agency. But it''s true, it's cheaper and easier to organize your flight yourself with a thing called the internet
5. "Think Everything's Included? Think Again."
You get what youre paying for. But if you compare it to a week at a hotel ashore, I'm sure most of the cruise line are winning when it comes to pricing.
6. "Our 'Gourmet' Food Is Anything But."
Again, you get what you're paying for. This goes for everything in life. On the other hand, even on mass tourism cruises the dining is far more luxurious than most guest are used to at home.
7. "We Make Money While You're Off the Ship, Too."
One of the reasons a cruise is getting cheaper and cheaper is that cruise lines are making revenue elsewhere. Nobody is putting a gun to your head when it comes to taking excursions. It's an offer to those who prefer to sit down and relax and not take the trouble to organize things themselves. Others like to organize and explore on their own and nobody is making you walk the plank because of that
8. "Our Insurance? You're Better Off Looking Elsewhere."
I'm the first one to admit I'm not an insurance expert. But I'm sure I and most of my fellow human beings are smart enough to read the conditions of a travel insurance (or anything else) before I buy one
9. "Our Ads Might Say Champagne and Caviar, but Expect Beer and Pretzels."
Unfortunatley there are some - not many - that have paid USD 250 for a weeks cruise and think they are getting a royal treatment.
10. "Our Ship Is Fancy, but Don't Expect Service to Match."
Again and again, you get what you pay for
I think most of the cruisers know what they are to expect when thay have bought a cruise. Cruises comes in all categories - from mass tourism for the "common masses" (like myself
) to exclusive yacht clubs for those who sails through life on first class. Everything have a price tag.
Most of the cruisers comes back from their cruises with their expectations fulfilled and even more. A few are very unlucky - most of because of several circumstances that are acting togehter... as they tend to do in our imperfect world..