Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 03:29 AM
I am brand new to cruising. On November 1st I will be going on my first cruise ever:
RCL's Sovereign of the Seas- 4 nights to Bahamas.

Anyway, I have asked expierienced cruisers for advice on what to bring along with me. One suggested a water proof "Dive Wallet". That way I could swim with my cash, credit/ship card, room key, and other nessesities while keeping them dry.

So, I was wondering where I could get such a "Dive Wallet"? To me, a Dive Wallet sounds allot like a water proof lens cleaning kit I bought at a camera shop. It had the alcohol, lens paper, a few Q-tips, and a curious soft brush with a squeeze bulb for blowing air while brushing. Anyway, all of those things fitted into a plexi-glass case that opened from the top. The lid was on a hinge and was held in place with a buckle type snap on the opposite side. Between the top and bottom parts is a rubber O-ring which sealed the inside and kept out water.

So......(after all that) is a Dive Wallet very similar? Could I use that lens cleaning kit case as a "Dive Wallet"??

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

-Frase
Old 10-12-2004, 05:55 AM

Hi Frase,

yes, your lense cleaning kit could be used as a "dive wallet", I guess.

I have a small (about 4" long) cylindrical plastic container which is similar to what you describe. It's great for putting money and keys inside, but it's too small (i.e. its diameter is too small) for credit cards / onboard account cards / card keys.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-27-2004, 01:09 PM

I was just wondering where you can purchase these dive wallets as that question wasn't answered. Would appreciate an answer to that. Thanks MMOE

Closed Thread

Tags
case, cruise, cruising, dive, diver, divers, diving, logo, proof, walet, wallet, wallets, water