Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2002, 01:13 PM

We are a early 30's professional couple from NY that want to do a S. Carribean cruise on either the Constellation or the Adventure of the Seas. please provide me with any advice or input as well as pros and cons for each. We hated Carnival but loved Princess. We like the newer ships and like mid to large ships. We like to relax on a ship and we do some activites.
Any other ship suggestions (other ships)would be appreciated.
goldesq@aol.com

Spirit 2002
Grand 2000
Triumph 1999
Old 08-09-2002, 03:09 PM

to goldesq: Just from your statement that you "hated Carnival but loved Princess" I would recommend Celebrity over Royal Caribbean for you. Both ships you mention are newer, as you no doubt know, but Celebrity tends to be a bit more sophisticated and sleek than Royal Caribbean (RCCL), perhaps a little more what you might find comfortable for you. If you have doubts, see a reputable local travel counselor, preferably one who specializes in cruises, and go into detail with her/him about your likes & dislikes on your previous cruises; they should be able to steer you to the cruise line best for you. Good luck!
Karen
Old 08-09-2002, 10:11 PM

I agree with you in liking Princess over Carnival. You just can't compare the two lines, so it's my hope that Royal Caribbean gets Princess, and not Carnival. We have done the Southern Caribbean on the Dawn Princess, and will be doing Caribbean Explorer on November 30th, again on the Dawn. It's a little older ship, 5 or 6 years old, I believe, but you would never know it. I did take particular notice as far as the Constellation was concerned, as a week from now, we'll be over the Atlantic at this time, heading for Gatwick in London, to board the Constellation for a 14 day cruise to the Baltics and St. Petersburg, Russia. We're thrilled with the thought of such a new ship, and I already started to write my cruise review, so you can watch for that. I can say that Celebrity has been marvelous to deal with, sending out suggested information about suggested shots. We had been to local health department, but they didn't have Diptheria listed. This is a problem, and we got shots (Better to be safe than sorry). We also got shore excursion booklet about 6-8 weeks ago. We booked all tours online, using a regular credit card. They said that we would hear back within 24 hours with a confirmation. It was actually back in less than an hour. Also, you don't have to worry about building up your sail and sign card with extra charges. If they choose to publish my review, it should be in by mid-September. Do you have any particular areas of interest that I could check out for you? If so, let me know. We just went to a Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Seminar 2 weeks ago, and the representative said if we liked Princess, Celebrity was the way to go. Here's hoping that everything still goes as well.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:22 PM

We just got back a couple of hours ago. I'll be doing a detailed report on the Constellation. It is truly a magnificent ship in every respect other than a few entertainment acts. Hopefully, these will be taken care of shortly. Where do you pland to sail from? Constellation will be doing 7 day cruises out of San Juan, which many of us fell is a terrible waste of such a gorgeous vessel. You might pay a bit more, but it's worth every penny, and then some. Fell free to ask any questions, but if I don't hear from you, review should be posted within a week.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:27 PM

I have sailed on both these vessels. I have also sailed on 4 other Celebrity and four other Royal Caribbean ships. I totally disagree that Celebrity is more sophisticated. In fact, I would say the opposite. If you hate vibration, don't sail on the Galaxy!! The back of the ship vibrates so badly stuff falls off shelves. It is awful.

Closed Thread

Tags
30s, adventure, early, seas