Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2004, 08:43 PM

New to the group and first timer on ship...My husband and I want to cruise Feb. or March on the Holiday out of mobile,Al. Any suggestions or advice?
Old 10-25-2004, 10:44 PM

I would go to a favorite local travel agency. Try to pick one that specializes in cruises. Ask to see several brochures, and try to narrow down your preferences. What part of the world? How long a cruise? Do you want to leave from a US port or international? How about the flight to and from? Any air miles you can use?

Then, what about price range - you can pay as little as $600-700 pp for a Carribean cruise, to $2,500 for the same length cruise in the same area. Of course, you get what you pay for and the more expensive cruises carry fewer people, have more crew, better service, and better food, and no lines. Some are even all-inclusive of liquor, like Seabourn and Silversea - those are also among the two priciest.

After you discuss your preferences with a travel agent you will be in a better position to narrow down your options.

Glenda
Old 10-25-2004, 10:47 PM

On second reading, perhaps I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were referring to wanting to travel on the Spring Break Holiday. Perhaps you were referring to a ship called "Holiday"??? If so, I know nothing about it and can't help you. I didn't even know Mobile, AL was used as a cruise port! Sorry if I misinterpreted your request....

Glenda
Old 10-26-2004, 10:34 AM

The Holiday is an older ship, probably the oldest one Carnival currently has. I take it you chose Mobile because it's nearby? You might have a better choice of some nicer ships if you are willing to cruise from New Orleans (assuming you are driving distance from Mobile), or from Florida ports. I've seen Holiday - she's ok, but there are much better available!

I agree with "luxury lady" that you should start by visiting a good local travel agent. If you don't have one you like working with, ask your friends & neighbors, folks at work, etc. for recommendations. Booking online is a possibility, but for a first cruise, it's much better to work with a professional who knows cruises and can help you find one that you will enjoy!

Closed Thread