Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 03:17 PM

I sympathize but can't be much help. I am going to FLL in a couple weeks and live in Winnipeg. Our airfare is almost double the cost of the actual cruise (sad, I know). We booked through the cruise line, and because of where we are coming from, they booked us on flights the day before the ship leaves, and cover our hotel/transfers as a part of the airfare. The airfare quoted by our TA was about equal to the best price I could find online (e.g. Westjet, travelocity, ect) and at least had the "extras" attached. i do know that it can be significanly cheaper to fly from the states, if you can manage it. Many people fly from Grand Forks (about a 2 hour drive south for us), and can save considerable $$$ that way.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-07-2009, 03:34 PM

Yes its sad that us Canadians have only access to a cpl of airlines. That is why whenever we book a cruise we always add the flyaweigh to the cruise,alot less headaches,stress and problems.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 PM

Just realized looking at your Feb departure, you may also be fighting air traffic to the Olympics in BC. I'm sure most airlines will be charging a premium around that time...

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
road, trip