Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2004, 02:36 PM

I am a first time cruiser...hey I like that term! Anyway, I have signed myself and my two teenagers up for the main (early) seating. Was that a mistake? Should I have gone for the later one and if so, is there any way to change it?
Old 06-08-2004, 02:36 PM

I am a first time cruiser...hey I like that term! Anyway, I have signed myself and my two teenagers up for the main (early) seating. Was that a mistake? Should I have gone for the later one and if so, is there any way to change it?
Old 06-08-2004, 02:59 PM

When our son was younger, we always selected early seating. Sometimes waiting until 8 or 8:30 is just to long for kids to wait. Early seating will allow you and your kids to have dinner together and then head your own ways with plenty of time left in the evening. It isn't unusual for late seating to end after 10:00pm, which is late for some kids (unless they are in their late teens, say 17 to 19). It really depends on the kids ages and when you folks dine at home.

You can always request a change with the Maitre 'd once you are on the ship.

Just my opinion.

Tom
Old 06-08-2004, 05:55 PM

And I'm just the opposite! I love the later seating. If you are in a port all day and the ship doesn't leave until 5:30-6:00pm it is rushed trying to get to the early seating and you have no time to relax from the shore time before dinner. If the kids are hungry they can always get something at the cafeteria to hold them over till dinner. Then again, if you don't have many stops in ports this is a moot point.

Have fun!
Old 06-09-2004, 10:26 AM

Thanks for the info! Any thoughts on how successful I might be if I request a change the day we board? I have never been on a cruise before.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:38 AM

The odds are pretty good to excellent. The Maite d' will be set up somewhere on the ship for the express purpose of reaccommodating passengers that want to make changes to their dining arrangements. After you board, just find out where he is set up and go see him with your requests. He will probably reaccommodate you on the spot.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 06-10-2004, 07:59 PM

I arranged to have the early seating but i'm traveling with two small children and I am afraid we may be somewhat disruptive to our tablemates. Is there a way we could request a small table just for us? I will be goinf on the Sovereign.
Kristy
Old 06-10-2004, 09:00 PM

Just see the Maitre d' on the first day after boarding. You might meet other folks with younger kids in the same boat that would like to share a table. We had this happen several times when our son was younger. Be sure to mention to the Maitre d' if you are open to this option and he will make it happen if the opportuntiy comes up.

You will have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 06-14-2004, 05:39 PM

That's a great Idea, Tom! It would be nice for my 10 year old to find a buddy and maybe once for the 3 yr old as well!
Kristy

Closed Thread

Tags
kids, late, meal, seating