Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2005, 10:31 AM

Hi all. It was only 3 weeks before our Jan. cruise last year when I found a discussion somewhere on this chat group about children in swim diapers NOT being allowed in the pools on the ship. Well, I nearly had a heart attack as I was taking my 2 1/2 yr old (not potty trained) and my 4 year old on a surprise cruise for my husband's birthday!!!
I then read every word of my RCCL brochure and NO WHERE did it mention that they were not allowed in the pool.
So I emailed RCCL and they confirmed that there are plaques all over the deck informing you of this. Hello?? Not helpful before a cruise!!
I noticed that the new RCCL cruise books now note this little fact but I wanted to bring it up again in case this was something you hadn't taken into consideration!!

Me? I sent my 2 1/2 year old to Potty Boot Camp and he trained in 2 weeks. Thank God!!

CamperMom
Old 02-04-2005, 10:31 AM

Hi all. It was only 3 weeks before our Jan. cruise last year when I found a discussion somewhere on this chat group about children in swim diapers NOT being allowed in the pools on the ship. Well, I nearly had a heart attack as I was taking my 2 1/2 yr old (not potty trained) and my 4 year old on a surprise cruise for my husband's birthday!!!
I then read every word of my RCCL brochure and NO WHERE did it mention that they were not allowed in the pool.
So I emailed RCCL and they confirmed that there are plaques all over the deck informing you of this. Hello?? Not helpful before a cruise!!
I noticed that the new RCCL cruise books now note this little fact but I wanted to bring it up again in case this was something you hadn't taken into consideration!!

Me? I sent my 2 1/2 year old to Potty Boot Camp and he trained in 2 weeks. Thank God!!

CamperMom
Old 02-04-2005, 12:34 PM

Okay, Camper Mom,
I would love to hear about "potty boot camp". Do you have some training techniques we should all become aware of

You do bring up a very good point, however. These are things that potential cruise guests should be made aware of, BEFORE they book the cruise.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-05-2005, 08:27 AM

On our last cruise, the main swimming pool was closed two days after it was dirtied by someone not properly potty trained.

So many children lost out because one parent insisted on putting their non-potty trained child in the pool.

This is hardly fair, is it? If your child isn't trained, let them play in the bath at home or buy a paddling pool.

Full marks to Royal Caribbean for sensible rules for keeping the pool clean - but minus points for not telling you...... but isn't a 2 1/2 year old a bit big to still be in nappies ?
Old 02-06-2005, 07:48 PM

No, it isn't.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Banned

It isn't the age it just Depends on what you call them.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:01 PM

I have no kids but looked it up online and one site said that kids are usually ready to START potty training at about 2 years, though there are no rules to it. You can train them earlier than that if you like. They also said that boys usually start a bit later than girls.

They also have something called "Pull ups" now which my sister used with her kids which encourages the whole potty training thing. They're not quite underpants and not quite "nappies"!

TMI, I know, lol.

I agree that it's best to keep untrained children out of the common pool areas. A man at my apartment complex had his two DOGS in the common pool once and I just about gagged. Ew. I had to ask the manager to please do something about it and he even complained when told he had to get his dogs out of there! SOme people just don't get it!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Banned

Hello,
About the un potty trained kids in the pools. Iam glad that the cruise lines do this. However CARNIVAL DOES NOT ENFORCE this rule...just watch at the pools. We sailed on the Destiny out of PR. Those people had their kids in the pools with just a diaper on or nothing...we did NOT use the pools the entire week. You talk about gross!! I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old..my 2 year old is not potty trained yet...he's getting there. NO cruise for him until he's trained...My 4 year old and I are taking the Disney Wonder and the baby...he is going to Grandpa boot camp for the week. Lol.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, children, cruise, cruises, diaper, diapers, enforce, nappies, pool, pools, rule, rules, ship, swim, year, years