Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 06:58 AM

Just read on drudgereport.com that a new eruption may happen next to old one,,,,may disrupt air traffic again...I m headed for Europe in 3 wks and really worried....also,found out you CAN get insurance for THIS one, should it erupt, since not a KNOWN event....missed out on "cancel for any reason" and then deadline for OLD volcano was April 15th...pays to keep on the latest....
Anyone from area have latest news???This has been an awful season,volcano,oil slick,strikes,oh my!!We ll all just have to hope for the best, and prepare for worst,,,I REALLY want to go on my cruise!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Hopefully you'll be OK. The volcano appears to be dormant at the moment and although there's no guarantee it won't start up again,things seem to have settled down a bit.
(I was caught up in the middle of things 17th May when my flight to Venice was cancelled at the last minute due to the Volcanic ash.I had to get to the next port Bari to be able to get my cruise & missed the pleasure of sailing out of Venice.)
My advice is to allow at least a couple of days to get there before your cruise. Relax & stop worrying....if I see any news that might affect you I'll let you know.Where do you fly to ? What is the port you sail from ?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:35 AM

Its the new one,Katla volcano, next to old one I m talking about,,,,say it shows signs of eruption.
Sorry about your cruise, I m going from Dubrovnk to Venice,,,and going 2 days ahead of time to be on safe side...but flying Luftansa to Frankfurt then to Dubrovnik...
You ll probably hear about this before we do in US ,so keep us informed...leave June 23,hopefully....thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 12:56 PM
alexandra, only 2 days to go before you leave for your cruise. I'm pleased to say that it seems that you should have no problems from the Iceland volcanoes. Whilst there are still some concerns that Katla might still errupt this year,there seems to be no major activity at the moment.
Have a worry free flight & enjoy your cruise.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:52 AM

Bon Voyage, alexandra cruiser

Closed Thread