Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 12:35 AM
It would be interesting if everyone could tell what their future cruise plans are. Specifically, I am refering to your next cruise. So, tell us what your plans for your next cruise.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:47 AM
I suppose I should go first:

I have not booked any cruise in the future. I have not even made plans yet, whether or not even to take a cruise this year. However... if I did it would probably be:

- a 7 day cruise
- mostly likely Western Caribbean itinerary
- Cozumel would be my top choice for a Port of Call
- I would like to go to Ocho Rios, because I have not been there yet.
- I would like to book a cabin with a balcony, if not an Oceanview cabin
- I would like to try Celebrity Cruiselines. But they are hard to book to fit my vacation schedule. If not then Princess. If not then Royal Caribbean (which I cruise once before).If not then Carnival (which I have cruise 3 times on). I have never cruised on Princess or Celebrity.
- I don't have any particular cruiseship in mind, except for Freedom of the Seas, only because she has moved to Port Canaveral (the closest port to my home).
Old 05-21-2009, 04:23 AM

my next cruise is on the Carnival Glory. then my cruise after that is booked for Sept 2010 on the
Carnival Dream. cant wait. starting to feel cruise deprived.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Frase,
I had a bad day at work so thanks for this it brightens my day thinking about it, We have done a lot in Europe so now with the economy we are finding we can do a lot more going to the Caribean etc which we have not done. Feb 08 was our first one and now we will go Feb 26 out of Charleston SC to Key West, Costa Maya, Belize City, Cozumel and Nassau. I can face the day with a smile thinking about it!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 05-21-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
- I would like to try Celebrity Cruiselines. But they are hard to book to fit my vacation schedule. If not then Princess. If not then Royal Caribbean (which I cruise once before).If not then Carnival (which I have cruise 3 times on). I have never cruised on Princess or Celebrity.

Maybe you can fit Celebrity into your schedule in 2010. The Celebrity Century will be in the Caribbean year round in 2010 doing alternating 4 and 5 night cruises. I've been on the Century twice and it's a great ship. It went through a 55 million refurbishment in late 2005.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:06 AM

Well Frase, after a fun filled year last year, my Christmas/New Year's cruise put a huge dent into my pocketbook and this year, next year and probably the year after will be severely lacking. This December we try Celebrity, never sailed on them either. We're doing a 7 day Caribbean, don't even remember the ports. I think it's St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts, but could be wrong. It's mainly for the ship, we'll be on the Solstice and I'm mega excited about trying that ship and cruise line. Next year I had booked the Panama Canal cruise for April, but think I'm going to move that to 2011 and book the Fantasy out of Mobile for a 7 day Caribbean. Now with the Epic opening up bookings, I am going to have to book a cruise on her, too. I just need to hit the lottery! Due to the state of our state, we haven't had a raise in 3 years, starting on our 4th and looks like it will be at least 3 more years before we might get one. So unless I get another job or hit the lottery, I'm kinda sunk (pun intended) There have been so many fantastic offers. I got one last night for the Queen Mary, 2 for 1 pricing. I'm hoping some of these good deals will last for a while. Looks like we'll be paying the surcharge for fuel pretty soon, though.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:59 AM

I can't wait, we are going on the Oasis of the Seas in March. We have only done 2 cruises since June 06. June 06 was the maiden voyage on the Freedom, then last May we did a 3 night Baja, family reunion on the Monarch. On that 3 night cruise, I remembered how much I missed cruising. So, I held out till the Oasis was available. I really enjoy the big ships. I rarely sit by the pool, I like to always be doing activities on the ship. On the Oasis, my parents will be with us. It is also our first eastern carib too. Since the Freedom cruise, we have done several land vacations. I am very excited to get out on the open water, and the Florider. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
In November, we are doing a 10 day Caribbean on the HAL Noordam. I was planning to do the Panama Canal for my 65th birthday, but since the world is supposed to end in 2012 - I think I'm going to move that cruise up to 2011. Most likely will be on HAL - but I'm willing to look at Princess or Celebrity. I've been trying to convince DH to sail Northern Europe, but so far my urgings have been in vain.....
Old 05-21-2009, 04:39 PM
We're doing a 14 day Hawaiian Islands cruise r/t from Los Angeles on October 13, 2010 on the newly refurbished Golden Princess. Bookings just opened today and are sky-high right now; so I'm going to pass on our favorite extended balcony mini-suite and wait for a better price down the line--but the date is set. We are going with a group we met on Sapphire Princess last year and several have already booked.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Well, I didn't think I could wait--and I couldn't.
Went ahead and booked my favorite mini-suite, all the way aft on Emerald Deck, with the covered extended balcony. Now, only 17 months to wait.

Closed Thread