Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2005, 04:44 PM

I am looking at a Royal Caribbean Brilliance of th Seas Cruise on November 11th Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale. While there will be no more than 2 of us, I am also considering a family Oceanview cabin (8052).
1) Anyone have any idea what to expect in the way of weather for the journey accross the southern atlantic at that time of year. Anyone had experience.
Secondly anyone had one of these family cabins which are at the very front/back of the ship. Is it more likely that you get more movement and hence more liklihood of motion sickness?

Help!!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 06:58 PM

You could hit some weather, as it is getting into the winter season, but the Brilliance is an incredible ship and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute.

Tom
Old 03-09-2005, 03:23 AM

The weather in November is going to be pretty bad across the atlantic, however, there are a number of repositioning cruises this time of year that sail from the med to US or caribbean, and they rarely have trouble filling them.
My advice, yes it will be a fantastic cruise - days at sea, great ship.
The weather will be rough, you can almost bet on it, and to be honest these ships on repo cruises are not really built with Atlantic conditions in mind. My advice, go for a good standard of accommodation as you will probably spend more time in it as on regular cruises. But, you are correct in saying that the front and back will have the most movement.
With todays stabilising systems ships tend to 'corkscrew' though bad weather, which is fine mid-ships, but you get to the front or back and youll find they just go up and down... a long way, let me tell you! this movement is what makes many feel ill aboard ship.
Hope this is of help.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:39 AM

Also most repositioning cruises take a more southerly route, thus avoiding the worst of the winter weather. You will be in warmer waters before you know it.

David Landry

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantic, barcelona, condition, conditions, cruise, expect, forum, ft, lauderdale, november, reviews, transatlantic, weather, winter