Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 AM

I just heard from my cousin that while on her latest Princess Cruise, she and her husband purchased a drink package in advance for $140 each, and it was like an all-inclusive vacation. There were some restrictions, but for the most part, they didn't pay for drinks while on board. Has anyone else heard of this recently? She also told me that her travel agent told her that it was coming soon to other Cruise Lines. I hate the second hand info, but am dying to find out if it is true...

Carnival Dream April 2010
Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 PM

I've heard that some cruise lines offer wine packages, but this is the first I've heard of alcohol packages. Some cruise lines I know also offer fountain soda packages.

Until this post, I haven't heard of cruise lines doing alcohol packages. It should be noted though, on some cruise lines, if a bartender determines that a passenger has had too much, they can refuse to serve that person a drink.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Celebrity has Beverage packages
http://www.celebritycruises.co..._packages&cS=SIDENAV
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Administrator

It looks like Celebrity has revised their packages and made them simpler and more inclusive. Hopefully this was done based on negative feedback about the original packages.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:16 AM

The last time we were on Princess, a year ago sadly, they only had the package for your room available. You could also purchase the wine package for the dining room, but not for the bars. If they have it now, I sure hope it is better than Celebrity's was.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Holland America has many different drink / wine packages available - including six packs of beer along with drink packages, wine packages, rum & coke packages, etc.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LHT28:
The first one includes "your favorite cocktail." What does that mean? I really don't have a favorite but I need some more information on what's excluded from this package. The bar bill adds up fast, especially if you add in what you spend on the islands on top of the free rum you get everywhere.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob1958:
quote:
Originally posted by LHT28:
The first one includes "your favorite cocktail." What does that mean? .

the classic pkge
Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving and spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.
I would think any cocktail $8 or less or beer $5 or less is included for the $39. pp p/d

Now it is not clear whether this is added to the $16 pp pd for the non alcoholic package or not
You could always call X and find out
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 09-04-2010, 07:46 AM

I didn't see the $39/day pp rate, but that's way too high unless you're a very heavy drinker. We average 2 to 3 drinks per person per day, especially considering we're off the ship on most days. I guess we'll just do pay-as-you-go....and for some reason we did get a $100 credit for the bar bill, even though this is our first Celebrity Cruise.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob1958:
I didn't see the $39/day pp rate, but that's way too high unless you're a very heavy drinker.
The prices are listed under the description
I maybe have 2 drinks per cruise

My SIL would clean up though with those prices

FUTURE CRUISES:

Tags
america, average, beverage, cruise, cruises, drink, drinker, drinks, heavy, holland, package, packages, princess, ship, spend