Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The best one was on SS Norway, in Club Internationale. Must have been the setting.
What a great room that was. I remember going there in my tux one formal night and dinner jacket on the other one. We'd sit there and listen to the orchestra and I'd sip a martini (Beefeater gin, dirty, with olives). It was a classic elegant experience and no martini ever tasted better to me.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:36 AM

The aft bar on the lido deck of the Holiday... Straight chilled Jagermeister liberally poured into a tumbler (approx. four shots) and downed in a couple of gulps. Now the party can begin.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
The aft bar on the lido deck of the Holiday... Straight chilled Jagermeister liberally poured into a tumbler (approx. four shots) and downed in a couple of gulps. Now the party can begin.
That sounds more like a funeral.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:00 PM

My favorite is "Miami Vice". It is simply strawberry dakari and pina colada on top. Drink it frozen. It's pretty, cold, and a great conversation piece. People always ask me what it is. You can have it virgin if you like.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-09-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ajmaniac:
My favorite is "Miami Vice". It is simply strawberry dakari and pina colada on top. Drink it frozen. It's pretty, cold, and a great conversation piece. People always ask me what it is. You can have it virgin if you like.
A club around here has that as one of their signature drinks, its called a Pain in Da A**, a favorite by everyone. My favorite is a Knob Creek Manhattan in the Viking Crown Lounge overlooking the sea right before dinner. Diner always seems to taste better after that.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 AM

What's in a Bahama Mama and a Mai Tai? I know they both might have rum but what else?
Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What's in a Bahama Mama and a Mai Tai?
There are dozens of recipes for each drink. Some are exceedingly complex and you won't find those being made on cruise ships unless you find a talented bartender and tip them extra, and often.

Basically, a Bahama Mama is a fruit punch of orange juice, pineapple juice, whisky sour mix, and grenadine, mixed with white rum with a little dark rum floated on top. A Mai-Tai can be made with the same ingredients, but add some triple sec, lime juice, and a dash of bitters.

As I said, there are many variations but in the end they are both similar drinks. My version of the Bahama Mama uses two parts orange juice to one part each of the pineapple and sour mix. My Mai-Tai has one part of each ingredient.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:35 AM

I tried a mud slide on Celebrity, have to say that was pretty yummy, but it's more like a desert drink. I like the Sea Breeze, too. I usually have a rum punch when I first board, then try one in each port. It's fun to see how different they taste from country to country. I think it was on Norman's Island that they used nutmeg in it.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Administrator

I just made some more punch/mixer for Bahama Mamas. I was low on pineapple juice but I found a small can of apricot nectar hiding in the back of the fridge and figured I'd use it and see. I think I improved the recipe. The apricot nectar gives it a bit of tartness which balances the sweetness.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Well If you want something simple next time just order a MOJITO, there are a lot Islands drinks that you can normally ask on the ship here for example:

1. "Cuba Libre" rum and coke

2. If you are in Puerto Rico and if you are lucky you can taste "Sangria de Fido" is more like an strong rum punch made of passion fruit or a mix of tropical fruits that will depend on which flavor you like and you can buy a bottle, I think at port in Puerto Rico boarding Carnival Victory but don't really know..

I know it's not much but here in Puerto Rico we mostly drink beer the national beer is "MEDALLA" I have taste a few beers in my life but this one, MEDALLA, is the only light beer, in my opinion, with the same flavor of a normal beer...taste it next time you are on the island like we say "vestidita de Novia" you will not regret it

Closed Thread

Tags
al, bahama, birmingham, carnival, colada, cruise, drin, drink, drinks, kiss, lips, mai, mama, pina, sec, tai, triple