Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2004, 08:10 AM

Has any one done this? I am not trying to bring a whole liquor closet just a bottle of rum to keep in stateroom. They have these great plastic travel bottles. I have read that if you pack it in your checked luggage that this is possible. My boyfriend and I drink quite a bit on vacation and we just dont want our bartab to be more than the cost of the cruise. Does any one have any experience with this? ANy insight or information on the topic.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:10 AM

Has any one done this? I am not trying to bring a whole liquor closet just a bottle of rum to keep in stateroom. They have these great plastic travel bottles. I have read that if you pack it in your checked luggage that this is possible. My boyfriend and I drink quite a bit on vacation and we just dont want our bartab to be more than the cost of the cruise. Does any one have any experience with this? ANy insight or information on the topic.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:58 PM

We did it on Glory last Oct. with no problem. Just packed it in our luggage to send to stateroom. However friends just went on NCL out of Miami and they are xraying luggage. They had a note on their door to come down and get their luggage. The booze was confiscated until the end of the cruise then returned. Don't know if Carnival is doing the same thing. I didn't even disguise my bottle, but if you put it in plastic bottles they may not notice. Since it is returned after the cruise you only lose a little humility when you must retrieve your luggage then give up the bottles. May be worth a try. Let us know how you do. I am going on Mariner of the Seas 5/2 and they allow you to buy at duty free and pay a $9.50 carry off charge to take it to your room. Makes most alcohol cheaper than buying it here anyway,and a lot easier than putting it in luggage. Really a "win-win" situation. However mixers must be packed. Doubt they will worry about those.

Enjoy!!
Old 04-25-2004, 07:48 PM

Hi, last summer we brought Vodka and Rum on board the Elation. We packed the vodka in water bottles and the rum in Pepsi bottles and put them all into our luggage that we were checking. No problems getting it on board. This year we will do the same on board the paradise.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:22 AM

ON our recent cruise on The Brilliance of the Seas the carry off charge had increased to 12.00 as had the uncorking fee in the dining room for wine brought aboard and opened there.

bob
Old 05-31-2004, 08:43 PM

We cruised from Hawaii to Ensenada on the Infinity last November. We put had a bottle of rum in our luggage and had no problem. Prior to sailing several passengers went to local stores to purchase liquor and brought onboard with no problem.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:29 PM

I have heard many cruise lines are cracking down on bringing your own alcohol aboard. It can be done though. I have a friend who emptied out a plastic mouthwash bottle & filled it with CaptainMorgan.......I always bring wine/champagne & have never had a problem with that.
The one major change that they are doing now too is taking your in-port liquor away at the pier. Guess the cruise lines want you to get their liquor. Which is cheaper than home, so guess if all else fails, get a bottle on the ship & ENJOY!!!

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 07-15-2004, 12:46 PM

I read this post on another cruise review website. This man claims that he hollows out one of wife's artifical legs and pours 9 beers into in...wife walks on-board without anyone knowing the difference. Once on-board he takes a large corkscrew and bores a hole into it and plugs in a beer tab. Hey, you can't make this up. I asked him how long did the beer stay cold. And if his wife had to sit around while he used her leg as a beer keg. This guy went so far as to say that he several of her legs seasoned for different beverages to include wine.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:25 PM

Now that is making a positive out of a negative!!!

Tom
Old 07-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Banned

We were recently on the Century and had no problem bringing what ever we bought in port back on the ship.We bought various brands and types and it was no problem what so ever. Pass it through the x-ray machine and keep on moving.
Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, bottle, bottles, bring, carnival, carry, carrying, columbus, cruise, elation, liquor, ohio, plastic, rum, taking, traveling, wine