Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2003, 01:33 PM

Anybody going on this Voyage?
Old 01-28-2003, 01:33 PM

Anybody going on this Voyage?
Old 08-10-2003, 10:24 PM

My husband and I are going on this cruise for our very first cruise with our 9 and 14 year old children.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Banned

Family of 6 (ages 14 - 48)

We have booked a private tour guide that is highly recommended for our stop in Montego Bay.
We have room for up to 9 more people since the van seats 15. Total cost of $200 divided by total in van. (as low as $13.33) per person.

Agenda: 8:15 am meet up with Carolyn Barrett (guide)
9:am arrive at Rose Hall Beach Club (stay til about 12 - 12:30)

12:30 Drive to some non hassled shopping

1:15 - 2:30 or so Late Lunch or drinks at Margaritaville
Then back to ship.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Tom Sodemann
Old 08-12-2003, 07:10 PM

Tom,
We are a family of 5, two children ages 9 and 14 and would love to join you on this tour. How did you arrange this? How old are your children? We are staying in 1118 on the Spa Deck. Please confirm that this will work and that you still have room for 4. Do you have any other tours arranged in other ports? How did you go about doing this? This sounds great. Sharon Betty
Herndon, Virginia

quote:
Originally posted by Tom S:

We have booked a private tour guide that is highly recommended for our stop in Montego Bay.
We have room for up to 9 more people since the van seats 15. Total cost of $200 divided by total in van. (as low as $13.33) per person.

Then back to ship.

Tom Sodemann
Old 08-12-2003, 07:52 PM

Sorry,

That was a typo. We are a family of $-- Thanks, Sharon Betty
quote:
Originally posted by yttebrs:
Tom,
We are a family of 5, two children ages 9 and 14 and would love to join you on this tour. How did you arrange this? How old are your children? We are staying in 1118 on the Spa Deck. Please confirm that this will work and that you still have room for 4. Do you have any other tours arranged in other ports? How did you go about doing this? This sounds great. Sharon Betty
Herndon, Virginia

quote:

Then back to ship.

Tom Sodemann

Old 08-12-2003, 07:54 PM

My apologies. It has been a long day. Just realized I had caps lock on. We are a family of 4. Sharon Betty

quote:
Sorry,

That was a typo. We are a family of $-- Thanks, Sharon Betty
quote:
Tom,
Herndon, Virginia

quote:

Then back to ship.

Tom Sodemann

Old 08-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Banned

To answer your questions, I researched reviews and message boards for 6 months and found Carolyn Barrett of Barrett tours in Jamaica. I have corresponded with her for about a month. We were concerned with being "hassled" to buy stuff and didn't feel all that safe with just taking a Taxi.
The kids didn't want to just drive around or visit rum distilleries. They want a nice beach, a little shopping, try a safe roadside Jerk Chicken stand and visit Margaritaville. Carolyn is with us the whole time. So If you want to come along, you are in. I will find you on the ship, or if I can get your e-mail, I will forward Carolyn's instructions for when we get off the ship.

Tom tsodemann@wi.rr.com

Carolyn's web site is www.barrettadventures.com
Old 08-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Banned

You asked about anything else we scheduled at other ports.

Yes, Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman for snorkeling and Stingray City then on to a motel beach club on 7 mile beach.

In Cozumel we are taking a TAXI to Chankanaab and then to the city for some serious shopping!

Closed Thread

Tags
1118, avoid, bay, carnival, conquest, cruise, cruises, deck, hassled, montego, orleans, review, reviews, room, ship, spa