Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2005, 08:58 PM
I am planning our 3rd cruise and just cannot decide. I am hoping some of you will tell me about your best cruises, ships, ports visited etc. I was planning to make this one to Hawaii on the Pride of America but the reviews have not been good. Maybe I need to wait till they work out the kinks. An all American staff does not seem to be working. I have been on The Vison of the Seas and Carnival Conquest so I was thinking of Norwegian or Princess. I loved both. Sure there were little things that could have been better but what the hey! Food was better on Vison. Loved the pizza and ice cream on Carnival. Entertainement was superb on Vison and mediocure on Carnival.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:24 AM

Hi SanDee,

RCCL and NCL are also offering Hawaiian cruises, but not that often.
I also have read the revies of POA and would not do the cruise with them.
But other NCL ships are great and RCCL is my favorite cruise line.
Take a look at other itineraries. We have done Hawaii 6 years ago but not with a cruise, we had a bus tour, 14 days time for 4 islands and it was wonderful.

Best regards,
Marita

Old 09-19-2005, 03:53 AM

Hi SanDee,
Hmmm, best cruises, ships, ports visited, etc. is hard to answer. I think my best cruise changes, and is often the last one I have taken. If you have never been to Hawaii, then a cruise is a perfect way to get a taste of all the islands to know which one(s) you want to return to for a longer stay. I think you need to decide which is more important, the itinerary or the ship experience. I know we all want both to be excellent, but sometimes fantastic ports are worth the trade off of a mediocre ship and vice versa. RC is probably my favorite mainstream cruise line, but I'm not sure I would discount a cruise on POA - if it offered the itinerary I wanted.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-19-2005, 07:33 AM

My wife and I have been on 12 cruises and our favorite has been the two Zuiderdam Cruises we have taken. We have done both the eastern and the western sides and enjoyed them equally. The audiance participation shows are a great deal of fun. However, most of these shows are available to those on the early seating as they usually start at 7:45pm.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:01 PM

SanDee,
I just replied to a similar question......
Princess has an awesome Hawaii cruise on the Island Princess.
15 days from LA. 4 sea days out, 5 days of Hawaiian ports, 4 sea days back & Ensenada, back to LA.

I have done a Hawaii/Tahiti cruise that was just awesome. Moorea is one of my ultimate favorite islands.

If you have not yet done a Panama Canal cruise it is one to experience. I have done this many, many times & still love it.

Just returned from the Baltic, which was awesome. Very port intensive.
Have done the Black Sea & Greece. Looking forward to another Med. cruise. Cannot wait to cruise from Venice.

I am a sun lover, but, an Alaskan cruise is wonderful too.

Good Luck with your decision
Happy Cruising,

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 09-20-2005, 01:35 PM

Hi
I have been searching the internet for Hawaiin cruises for the past 2 weeks. By far the cheapest is a cruise with NCL and as they are about to launch their brand new ship called 'The Pride of Hawaii' in June 06, it might be worth having a look at. Just tap into the search engine system and have a look at it. Depends what you want really and which cruise line you think you can trust. Looking through different cruise reviews has showed me that its all a matter of taste and expectations and what other cruise ships one has previously been on. Anyway good luck. I just hope we make the right choice.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:41 PM

I would also go for one of the Princess cruises out of LA to Hawaii. They have a round-trip itinerary. The Island Princess is beautiful! Great food, terrific service and one of our favorite cruises.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:27 AM

Im surprised no one mentioned Celebrity cruise line here. They are supposed to be top notch, award wininng cheifs and architecture. They offer 14 day cruises, a bit more pricey but not if you deduct the plane ticket to Hawaii cause they go out of California. Im definatly cruising with them in the future!

Couples Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 09-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions. I do feel the one we want is the Island Princess. I love sea days and the other Hawaiian cruises don't offer them. You are in port everyday. I just read a wonderful review of the Island Princess and I don't think we will be disappointed. A little more than I wanted to spend but we do not have to pay airfare. Looking at February time frame (before) Spring Break...yikes!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:21 PM

SanDee,
Excellent choice
I do not think you will be disappointed.

I am waiting word if my friend will move to the Island. If so I may be going in January.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Closed Thread