Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2003, 03:40 PM

From local news today...A group of 38 passengers that booked a cruise on the RC Adventure of the Seas were left on San Juan port when the cruise authorities told them that their names were not on the records. The passengers said that they made their reservations on a US travel agency by phone call (I don't remember the agency name by now) and when they arrived to the port last Sunday and got to the boarding process the cruise line authorities said that the TA did not make the reservation for them and they were not allowed to board, having to see the ship sailing away from them from the port. Puertorican port authorities said that they can't demand or anything else because this travel agency does'nt have permision to sell in Puerto Rico (I really did'nt understand this part of the report, because I think that they can make a legal case) The main thing is that those people lost their vacations, their money and their ilussions. Just imagine your whole year of planning and the money spend on the cruise vacation, the clothes and everything, thrown to trash the day you were suppose to sail.

Sorry to post a news from a RC cruiseship on a Carnival board but I am sailing on the Carnival Destiny on January 4, 2004 so I find this board the one for me to write and read! And I think this news is interesting for all of you that are planning to book a cruise...Be careful when you chose a Travel Agent!

Can't wait for January 4!!!

Mr_Destiny
Old 12-10-2003, 03:40 PM

From local news today...A group of 38 passengers that booked a cruise on the RC Adventure of the Seas were left on San Juan port when the cruise authorities told them that their names were not on the records. The passengers said that they made their reservations on a US travel agency by phone call (I don't remember the agency name by now) and when they arrived to the port last Sunday and got to the boarding process the cruise line authorities said that the TA did not make the reservation for them and they were not allowed to board, having to see the ship sailing away from them from the port. Puertorican port authorities said that they can't demand or anything else because this travel agency does'nt have permision to sell in Puerto Rico (I really did'nt understand this part of the report, because I think that they can make a legal case) The main thing is that those people lost their vacations, their money and their ilussions. Just imagine your whole year of planning and the money spend on the cruise vacation, the clothes and everything, thrown to trash the day you were suppose to sail.

Sorry to post a news from a RC cruiseship on a Carnival board but I am sailing on the Carnival Destiny on January 4, 2004 so I find this board the one for me to write and read! And I think this news is interesting for all of you that are planning to book a cruise...Be careful when you chose a Travel Agent!

Can't wait for January 4!!!

Mr_Destiny
Old 12-11-2003, 02:28 AM

Hi Mr_Destiny,

I've moved the posting to the General Cruise Chat forum, as I think this is where it fits best. The problem described in the posting does not seem to be typical of one particular cruise line only.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-23-2004, 07:23 AM

When something like this is reported I am very suspicious. My questions. Why didn't they book thru a PR agent? If they used a US mainland agency didn't they have to use a credit card? Where were their cruise tickets? Where is their receipt? Hmmmm this makes me wonder if this little group was just trying to get on the ship for free? Or were they just plain stupid. If I booked a cruise and didn't get a reciept you can bet your sweet booty that I'd be hounding that agency non stop...plus the credit card company could also step in. I'm sorry but some people just need to use thier brains.

Cruz

Closed Thread