Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2005, 10:45 AM

Need to know the best places to visit while on both of these Islands. Annmarie
Old 06-02-2005, 11:37 AM

When in Coz do not miss Carlos and Charlies.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:32 PM

Don't miss Stingray City in Grand Cayman. It is a fantastic expierence. Be sure and take a water proof camera the photos will WOW your friends back home. If you are a diver any of the local dive shops can provide a great trip. There are loads of fish, coral, turtles and other neat things to see. For land trips visit the turtle farm then "go to hell" and send the friends back home a post card from "hell".

Enjoy

Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 06-03-2005, 05:06 AM

Carlos 'n Charlies and Stingray City would be on the top of my suggested activities also. But I would also suggest you allow some beach time at both destinations.
Nany

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-03-2005, 03:45 PM

Last year My husband and I booked the Stingray City, and I have to say that it was "GREAT". We were on a small boat with about 10 other people, had a wonderful Captain, who shared all he knew about them. We took underwater cameras (which we bought onboard) and got some super shots of us both swiming under water with the stingrays,and a few where they come up out of the water to say hello all over us~! There not slimy or anything they actully feel very nice. It is a memory I will have forever, before the trip was done the captain and talked me into kissing one lol~!you can hold them just on the waters suface. Everyone on our boat was having a great time, the captains crew took video of us all during the swim and on the way back we could buy a copy to be mailed to us for 65.00
We choose not too then but now i wish we would have. When we got back from that we spent the day on the beach just relaxing. Grand Caymen is beautiful and very relaxing place to visit...have fun on your trip~! we are going back there again next week ourselfs and doing the turtle farm and hell.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:19 PM

In Cayman Stingray sandbar and Rum Point are a must. We booked a tour with Native Way. They were great. Lots of kudos to them!!!
In Cozumel a stop to Paradise Beach is a must!! Great place to relax on the free beach loungers while the staff bring you food and drink. Great water toys too for a small price ($8.00).
Old 06-08-2005, 05:45 PM

If you like snorkeling, lots of great shore snorkeling in Cozumel...couldn't believe how many different sea critters, and the water really is the beautiful turquoise you see in photos. We snorkeled Dzul-Ha, Chankanaab, and Paradise. Unfortunately, I had to stay on the boat with a sick child for Cayman stop, but my adult son and DH had a great experience with small, independently-booked stingray city and 2 other snorkel stops. Apparently, the island was hit VERY hard in late 2004 by hurricane and DH said looked like rock pile while driving from one side to other (trees gone), but loved the water and excursion.

Closed Thread

Tags
back, cameras, carlos, cayman, caymans, charlies, cozomel, cozumel, cruise, grand, hell, native, places, video, visit