Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 03:48 PM

hi,
how oppressive will the heat be in Cayman, Cozumel and Turks in the summer months? If not in the water, will we be sweating and not enjoy walking around? any advice is welcomed. thanks.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:15 PM

Welcome to cruise-chat JE. The caribbean is nearly always at or around the 80s. Summer months mid to high 80s and high 70s to low 80s other times of the year. Depending on what the climate is like where you are, that could seem very hot or mild. I'm in Houston so it's refreshing temps in the summer for me vs high 90s and sometimes hotter here with 90%+ humidity here much of the year. There is nearly alway a sea breeze, I don't think you'll have many issues if you bring some shorts and short or sleeveless things. Have a great cruise!

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi JE and welcome to CruiseChat,

Like Neil said, Cayman is pretty nice most of the year. I would wear shorts and a t-shirt though. I have been to Cayman a bunch and really like the place.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 AM

All three islands typically average about 81-83 degrees fahrenheit all year. One thing you have to consider is the rainy season that starts in may/june and lasts through october. It is not unusual to get rain everyday. The rain won't last but maybe 10-15 minutes but, if there isn't a breeze, look for increased humidity. Some people love the rainy season because it is not as crowded and some things are less expensive. It's whatever you prefer.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, cruises, cruising, fascination, general, hot, humidity, julaug, july, reviews, triumph, weather