Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2003, 08:41 AM

I found a cruise club that has no dues and guarantees discounts off every cruise. I just booked my first cruise with them and they seem great. Just wondered if anyone has had experience with them? Its at mycruiseclub.com

Thanks

dave
Old 08-13-2003, 08:41 AM

I found a cruise club that has no dues and guarantees discounts off every cruise. I just booked my first cruise with them and they seem great. Just wondered if anyone has had experience with them? Its at mycruiseclub.com

Thanks

dave
Old 08-23-2003, 02:37 PM

Better shop around. I just checked out their prices and compared them to what we booked our cruise at and mycruiseclub was nearly $1500 more than what we paid for the exact same cat. Just thought I should warn you. If you find a better price some other place, maybe you can cancel with yours and book elsewhere.

May all your dreams come true.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:26 PM

There is simply no way My Cruise Club gave you a quote for the same ship/date and cabin that was $1500 higher. I'd challenge you to produce a booked quote from an agency and a quote from My Cruise Club that was $1500 higher.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:30 PM

You are just trying to slander another company by making false claims because you are a competing travel agent. How sneaky. This is supposed to be chat for consumers to get good advice, not misinformation to boost your own business. Shame on you.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:42 PM

David, by jumping on "queen cruiser" so quickly and so hard, it makes me question whether you have a personal interest in My Cruise Club succeeding! Actually, unless you are able to compare cruise prices offered by different agencies at the exact same moment, you can't be 100% sure you are getting the lowest price! My advice to anyone is, if price is your only object, then shop around and buy the lowest you find, but don't beat yourself up if you learn someone else got it for less. If someone wants good service, helpful advice, and lots of information about cruising, they will be best off working with a travel agent they can talk with personally. They may pay a little more, but remember - you get what you pay for.
Old 08-23-2003, 05:05 PM

And I found that her agency, that she runs, is charging $400 more plus fees for the same cruise as I paid for mine. I just don't think people should mislead others by making flase claims when they are simply trying to fill their own pockets.
The cruise is the Carnival Victory, Oct 5th, cat 12...her total for 2 was $4386.12 plus extra cancellation fees... My Cruise Club was $3982.12 with no fees.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:39 PM

My advice still stands. If price is your main objective, go for it.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:49 AM

Karen, I agree with you. We thought about booking a cruise through the net, but I found a good TA and we are going to go with her. I'm not going to complain about a few dollars.

Sounds like there is a vested interest in the club he is talking about and his feathers have been ruffled.

Oh, well. Our objective is to have fun.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:22 AM

I have no 'vested interest'. Am I really the only one that finds it offensive for someone that does have a vested interest in making up false claims about a good agency in order to promote their own?

Closed Thread

Tags
cat, club, complimentary, cruise, free, itinerary, ny, reveiws, reviews, upgrade, wwwmycruiseclubcom, york