Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:12 AM

hi everyone just got done reading almost every posting in cruise chat, and wow what a vast amount of info. our hats are off to the folks that run this site. I just have one question that I dont think was covered or missed it. I have put a down payment on carnival liberty (main deck room c2281) and was wondering by the time I make the final payment and find it to be cheaper than it was will we get it at the lower price or the price at the time of down payment? Also is the location of the room a good one?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 AM

atrok3-

If you were not welcomed aboard on your first postings, then let me be the on to do so. Welcome to Cruise Chat!

You question has been discussed before I assure you. It really depends on how you booked (through a travel agent or on your own) If you booked through a travel agent, a good one will watch the price for you and if they see a drop, they will request a credit (many times this will just be a reduction in your final payment amount or it could come in form of on board credit) Note that they may not reduce your price in each case but most of the time they will. It also can depend on the cruise line policies. Carnival is pretty good about making apples to apples price changes good even though they don't have to do it. If you booked on your own you can check on the price periodically and if you see a drop, call your PVP at Carnival and request an adjustment.

In the end its one of those things that fall under the "it doesn't hurt to ask" category.

As far as if your cabin is a good location, that can be subjective and a personal choice. 2281 is close to the elevators, this can be good if you are not one that wants to walk a long distance to the elevators and it can be great coming back from excursions as you can get back to your cabin (the normal first stop from port) quickly. The drawback can be noise from people coming and going from the elevators. The way the elevator lobby is designed minimizes this noise but it can still be there. It may not even bother you if you are out late and come back after the main shows when the crowds have gone...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread