Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2002, 01:48 PM

We are looking for a nice, reasonably priced hotel in Honolulu for a pre cruise stay. Any suggestions.
thanks
G
Old 10-08-2002, 08:32 PM

I'm just booking a 2 week land in Hawaii now. No hotels are that reasonable in Oahu, and I would personally be afraid to get one that was. Some of the areas you wouldn't want to be in at all. We have stayed at Sheraton Princess Kauilani (Spelling). It's accross the street from the beach, and next to the International Market Place (great souvenir shopping. Also lots of restaurants, a huge mall, and a variety of things there. Does your cruise line offer a Honolulu add-on as an offer? Most do for various ports in the back of the brochure, and that might be the way to go. Hawaiian Village is very popular among some people, but down at one end of Waikiki, and out of the easy mainstream, where it would be difficult getting to some restaurants, etc. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, as I should be wrapping up final plans within the next couple of days myself. Be sure to allow yourself enough time so you can see Arizona Memorial, as well as Punch Bowl National Cemetary. Sounds awful, but a must see. Polynesian Cultural Center is also magnificient. It's not open on Sunday's, as it's run by the Mormon Church. Would recommend a bus tour to that, as you might pay more, but everything included, and you don't have to worry about a rental car.
Have fun! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 03:14 AM

Hawaii hotels (Oahu in particular) are expensive, no doubt. As always, the hotel room rates are directly proportional to the closeness to the beach. If being near a beach is important, as Sue has already mentioned, the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel is a block away from the beach and has relatively reasonable rates. The Alana Doubletree Hotel is a distance away from the beach but the rooms are comfortable and relatively cheap for Waikiki - just remember that it's far from the beach and that you're on the outskirts of Waikiki.

We had some guests visit us recently (we live on Oahu) and they stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel which is also a block away from the beach - it's currently undergoing renovation so they're running Internet specials of $90 a night until the end of the year, I believe. Can't attest to the quality of room but our friends didn't complain. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] If cost is no object, stay at the Halekulani hotel in the middle of Waikiki and right on the beach - amazing hotel with amazing location.

If any specific questions re: Oahu, please post - I'll try to get back to them in a reasonable amount of time.

Spleen

until Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03

Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hawaii, honolulu, hotel, hotels, oahu, pre, precruise, stay