Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2005, 02:05 PM

I was reading this thread on another board and I thought it might be fun to start it here. What is the most interesting (strange, bizarre, humorous) thing that has happened to you on a cruise?

I'll get the ball rolling by sharing one of mine: It was formal night and when I entered the dining room - I realized I was on the wrong deck and had to execute the elaborate staircase to get to my table. Well, my heel caught the edge of the hem of my formal gown and I stumbled. I literally fell into one of the waiters arms, that just happened to be passing by and received a standing ovation from the guests who witnessed my entrance. I was quite embarrassed at the time - but it won me my claim to fame. It seems as EVERYONE on the ship recognized me and greeted me warmly throughout the cruise. Even the cruise director commented on my less than graceful fall while doing his pre-show monologue. So, I guess the moral of the story is: If you want to meet people on a cruise - just trip down the stairs on formal night!
Old 08-06-2005, 01:06 AM

I like the idea of this threat, Im sure there is going to be many stories.

This one happened last year on the Mariner. Being Scottish, on the formal night I was rigged out in my full kilt attire. We had just finished dinner and were going for a wander around the decks when my wife needed to us the ladies, so I was left outside looking like a spare wheel. I notice a husband and wife talking and she suddenly turned bright red and ran into the toilet. The husband came over and told me what she had said, she asked him what a Scotsman keeps in his ******* instead of the sporran. When she came out she couldnt look me in the face.
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-06-2005, 05:11 AM

I like this thread too - will be fun to read about others experiences. I was on a family cruise lounging on the edge of the pool. My nephew (age 3) had been playing in the water on the shallow deck when he abruptly stood up, pulled down his trunks and proceeeded to pee in the pool. Neither my sister nor I could reach him fast enough - to undo the damage done. Obviously the pool had to be drained and I can't tell you how many glares were directed in our direction during the cruise.
Suzi
Old 08-06-2005, 07:58 AM

I was once on the Noordan coming through the Panama Canal on the Pacific side. About two hours after the ship cleared the canal, someone spotted a person yelling for help in the ocean. The ship turned, found the poor soul and picked him up. The story going around the ship was that he was a fisherman that had fallen from his boat.

Two days later, the guy took a dive off the ship back into the ocean. They picked him up again, but this time put him in the brig until our arrival into San Pedro, CA at which time he was handed over to the authorities.

It created some great dinner conversation

Walter
Old 08-06-2005, 01:39 PM

I think my most interesting cruise experience was on a Celebrity sailing a number of years ago and having the pleasure of dining with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. We were seated next to each other at the Captain's table and were invited to join them in their suite later in the cruise for cocktails. Quite a treat for us!
Shelley
Old 08-07-2005, 01:39 AM

Our nicest cruise experience was with the piano player on the Zenith in the Cova cafe. His name is Arny.

We met him in the shuttle from the airport to the ship, made an appointment for the evening, because he felt so alone on a new ship.
We became very good friends and every evening he played the songs we love and we choose from his many songbooks, made me a special 50th birthday present and wedding anniversary two days later, so that is something you will remember a long time.

And we are still in contact and hoping to see him on another cruise again.
Marita and Uwe

Old 08-07-2005, 06:45 AM

I was on board the Seawing last SEptember 2004 and had an opportunity to listen to a piano vocalist entertainer by the name of Arny Galoyo. It was predominently British passengers and thoroguhly enjoyed this young gentleman singing night after night to everyone's delight. I came across his website @[/i] http://www.arnygaloyo.com[/i]lots of photos and videos. What great memories!
Old 08-07-2005, 07:58 AM

Hello Nancharris,

thats the same Arny, I wrote about.
He is a canadian artist, played and sang in some musicals and he was onboard the Zenith only for four weeks.
Im one of the persons on his website, talking about him and the wonderful memories being together with him on the cruise.
Many other passengers enjoyed his songs and piano playing before dinner and after dinner and we all loved him.
Thats something, that makes your cruise special.

Closed Thread

Tags
arny, arnygaloyocom, carnival, cruise, cruises, describe, destination, experience, facinating, forum, galoyo, interesting, intersing, reviews, scotsman, singing