Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 11:07 PM

I have an odd question, I think.

I own a paper arts store, and a lot of my customers have asked me to consider sponsoring a cruise where we would hold classes while we are at sea. . . .

Cruises like this are pretty popular right now. . . .Crafters of all sorts go on cruises and are able to go into ports and do the excursions during the day, but at night or on at sea days, the crafters take classes or participate in a variety of craft-related activities.

My husband and I have taken a number of cruise vacations with 3 different cruise lines. However, I have no idea which line would be a good line for cruise of this type.

Have any of you ever taken a group cruise like this? Do you have any suggestions for which cruise line would work best?

Thanks!!

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 04-10-2006, 11:07 PM

I have an odd question, I think.

I own a paper arts store, and a lot of my customers have asked me to consider sponsoring a cruise where we would hold classes while we are at sea. . . .

Cruises like this are pretty popular right now. . . .Crafters of all sorts go on cruises and are able to go into ports and do the excursions during the day, but at night or on at sea days, the crafters take classes or participate in a variety of craft-related activities.

My husband and I have taken a number of cruise vacations with 3 different cruise lines. However, I have no idea which line would be a good line for cruise of this type.

Have any of you ever taken a group cruise like this? Do you have any suggestions for which cruise line would work best?

Thanks!!

Chris

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 04-11-2006, 06:07 AM

I have organized many groups on Carnival. They work well with groups, and if your group is large enough you can get some nice amenities. Other cruise lines could work for you also. I think you would have to think about the average age of what your group might be, and what length of cruise would be most appealing 3,4,5,7 day. Obviously, a shorter cruise would be more affordable, but less time to hold your classes. Time of year will also be a factor for price and how far you start planning. Wish I could talk in person to you about this.
I see you are from Nashville. I was just down there last week. Thinking about possibly moving there.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:31 AM

And you could write the cruise off on your taxes
Old 04-11-2006, 02:27 PM

Re: Writing the cruise off of my taxes. . . .

Don't I wish. I would hope, actually, to have enough people on it that I wouldn't have to pay for the cruise!!

Of course, I would be working part of the time, but I would still love it.

How many days until my next cruise????

Chris

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 04-11-2006, 02:33 PM

Cruise Fanatic, I was thinking about Carnival. I know that a lot of people are so anti-Carnival because of its past reputation, but from everything I've read over the last two-three years, I think they have changed.

Yes, I do know that they are more of a budget-minded line, but I think the women who would go would not mind that at all. The women would be in their 40s-60s, I would guess, and I would schedule at a time when we would be least likely to run into large groups of teens and/or college-age kids.

You said you were down here last week. Will you be coming down again soon? Why are you thinking of moving here? I'm from OH originally and moved here from Las Vegas. If you want any info about the area, feel free to email me privately.

I am definitely in need of a cruise asap!!

Chris

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 04-11-2006, 02:39 PM

I think the best move would be to pick your destination first, and then look at the various lines.

Carnival offers very good value.
NCL's Pride of Hawaii would be new and exciting, as would Royal Carribean's Freedom of the seas. The only problem is that you migth never see your customers again as they would have so much room to play.

I hope this helps.

Ridley
Publisher of deckchair magazine
www.deckchair.ca

**Check out our 15 page World Cruise Guide, listing every ship and where they will be during the next 12 months.**
Old 04-11-2006, 06:52 PM

mooneydiva,
I just PM'd you.

Closed Thread

Tags
bestline, group