Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 05:23 AM

SO, ADTER READING SOME OF THE "IF YOU COULD NAME A SHIP" IT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF YOU HAVE HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE AT SEA AT ON CERTAIN LINES. WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER THE BEST CRUISE LINE AND WHY?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:23 AM

SO, ADTER READING SOME OF THE "IF YOU COULD NAME A SHIP" IT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF YOU HAVE HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE AT SEA AT ON CERTAIN LINES. WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER THE BEST CRUISE LINE AND WHY?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Banned

Lowtyd,
We have only cruised on R.C. and Carnival. I feel these lines are very similar. In my opinion, I feel Royal is a step above Carnival. I've seen the same amount of children on both. I am very interested to read what posters say regarding other lines. My husband and I would like to cruise without our 2 girls, leaning towards a cruise line that caters more to adults with refined amentities. Thanks for starting this thread. It should be interesting to see other's opinions.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 PM

Princess is my favorite. We've been on NCL, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, Costa, and Princess. Princess wins hands down. Their ships are immaculate, the food is excellent, the service is impeccable, it's elegance without being stuffy. The beds are comfy and the new linen rocks!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:41 PM

Princess wins my vote. Our experiences with them have all been very positive. We like their itineraries, customer service and their loyalty program. Other cruise lines we have traveled with are Sitmar (now Princess), HAL, RCI and American
Old 03-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Princess is my favorite cruise line; or maybe I shouldn't say favorite because I really have nothing to compare it to--it's my only cruise line, at least until this summer. In 30+ years I've never felt the need to try anything else--and that's probably the best recommendation of all. The HAL trip this summer is a long story, but I'll just say it has nothing to do with any dissatisfaction with Princess. In addition to everything penny3333 said, I would add that I feel I get full value for my cruise dollar.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:30 PM
We have sailed on several lines and our favourite is Oceania.
We like the small ships, casual dress code, very few children (if any), limited smoking areas (2) longer cruises, food is very good but that is subjective, bed are great
The price is a bit more than the mass market lines but worth it for us.
Princess is also good
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 03-17-2007, 04:52 AM
NCL of course!

If I should spend money on a cruise I would never choose another cruise line.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Administrator

My favorite cruise line is no longer in existence -- Premier Cruises.

I currently don't have a favorite, but I've been known to say that my favorite line is the one I'm currently sailing!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Princess is my favorite. Wonderful service, clean ships, and most important great food. Also some very interesting itineraries. Have sailed with Princess, HAL, RCCL, Celebrity, Cunard, and NCL. For families with kids either Princess or RCCL. Regardless of which line you should have a great time though.

John

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, favorite, line, lines