Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2005, 09:08 AM

Hi all,

Just found this during my lunch hour and figured I would put the question out there see if anyone has advice to offer.

My girlfriend (5+ years) and I decided to avoid the tradditional wedding and have something a little more exciting. Neither of us have traveled much and I have never even left the country (Canada) but decided that a Caribean cruise would be fun. We would get married while at Port either on or off the ship.

We are 26/27 years of age and enjoy food and a little excitement. We want lot's of stuff to do and hopefully take in some of those day events to see things like the Maya Ruins or etc...

We went to a Travel agent but we found the amount of information was huge. The different cruise lines, the different Caribbean cruise paths and etc....

We were thinking of a February timeframe and try to avoid a little bit of the Canadian winter but is early Feb actually a good time of year to head down there?

Any advice or examples of personal experience would be greatly appreciated. We will most likely be traveling without family or friends but if we do they would be young couples ranging from early to mid 20's with no children.

Thanks,
Serge
Old 06-21-2005, 09:14 AM

Serge, welcome to Cruise-Chat.com. February is a wonderful time to visit the Caribbean and your plans make lots of sense to me. It sounds like you are probably a royal Caribbean candidate and I would go so far as to suggest one of the Voyager class ships. Tons of stuff to do and it is geared towards honeymooners.

Here is how the itineraries stack up (in my opinion)

Eastern Cribbean: Shopping and some good beaches
Western Caribbean: Great Beaches and liklihood of February sunshine
Southern Caribbean: Great beaches and guaranteed sunshine in February.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 AM

Sounds like you are Canadian citizens. If that's the case - you might want to check on which ports are the easiest (not lots of red tape and complications) to have a legal ceremony recognized in Canada. I know for US Citizens the USVI are the easiest, but that might be quite different for Canadian citizens.
Cindi
Old 06-21-2005, 05:50 PM

Congratualtions
February is a great time to escape Canada for sure. You may want to plan to fly out 1 day early due to your Canadian weather.
Princess has many wedding packages to choose from.
Good Luck.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 06-21-2005, 06:27 PM

I want to say something else about having a February wedding...it'll make your anniversaries great! My parents' anniversary is in February and it turns out that's one of the cheapest and least crowded times to go almost anywhere--Disney Land, Europe, State par resorts, Vegas, etc.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:02 AM

Thanks for all your replies, the more I read about them and the ports some of these visit the more anxious we are both getting for February to come quickly.

Thanks for the tip Happy2Cruise, I am hoping it's not a difficult situation. Grand Cayman I think is British Common Wealth so I hope this can facilitate the wedding legalities for a Canadian citizen.

I am impressed with the amount of knowledge and the number of cruises people have gone on listed in the sister site cruise reviews. Very helpful.

I'll try to post when I have the final details and send my own comments of the cruise after I am back :-)
Old 06-22-2005, 06:02 AM

Serge,
It appears since you are interested in visiting ruins and you think Grand Cayman may be the spot you exchange your vows - that a Western Caribbean itinerary would be your best choice.

I look forward to hearing about your final decisions and hope that all goes well with your planning.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-22-2005, 07:55 AM

Have a great cruise and congratulations!

Tom

Closed Thread