Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Ever called Delta and noted an Indian lilt in the voice of "Steve", your customer service rep? (They used American sounding names on purpose)

Did you have a problem communicating your problem?

Well, it seems Delta was listening to the mountain of complaints and has slowly been shifting the calls back to the U.S. over the past year. I heard today that the Indian call centers have now been closed. So now if you are in the U.S. and call Delta, you might still get someone with an Indian lilt in their voice, or perhaps someone who reminds you of Cozumel, but your call has not left the U.S.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 PM

I hope more call centers follow suit!

Old 04-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I hope more call centers follow suit!
Si Senor.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 PM

I don't like when I get those call centers based overseas. They talk so fast in what is broken English to me. Then they go into a script of asking unrelated questions about what I am calling about.

Then they don't understand my southern accent.

Dwayne
Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Then they don't understand my southern accent
I'd love it if they had a call center ala Jeff Foxworthy. "Hey now! Y'all have reached that Delta Airlines outfit. We is all busy right now but don't fret none. Somebody will get with ya directly."
Old 04-19-2009, 10:23 AM

Or how about the cable guy. "Get er done!"
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 AM

I hate it when they used the can message to thank me for being Patience. I am not Patience at that point, maybe annoyed!!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 AM

Dave, you crack me up! You would be a hoot to sit with at dinner, I mean, uh, supper, I mean chowing down on vittles!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 PM

Rodney, that would be fixing to sit down to vittles With all the people out of work, wanting any type of a job, be it a second or part-time or full-time, it seems to me that the airlines could manage to have people answer calls from their home. A pc should be all you need. You could do voice over ip and have a username/password into their system. I certainly wouldn't mind doing it for a cruise line
Old 04-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Yes, in the south there is no lunch. It is breakfast, dinner (lunch), and then supper. Some pronounce "fixin" as "fittin".

I've often thought it would be neat to work for a cruise line as a customer service rep at home. This makes sense on so many levels. The pay could be less than they pay people who work at the cruise line offices, no benefits package (perhaps just a nice discount for cruises), and best of all, depending on the cruise line I probably know more than their employees do and could give the correct info on the first try. That goes for many other forum members too. I'm not just blowing my own horn.

I'd be happy to wear a headset for a few hours a day while I sit here at the computer, having calls routed to me. It reminds me of a Saturday Night Live skit from 1979, for Craig's Travelers Checks. Craig's Travelers Checks.

Closed Thread

Tags
airlines, airways, call, calls, center, chat, customer, cutomer, delta, forum, number, phone, powered, rep, representative, service, us, vbulletin