Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2005, 01:35 PM

Hi everyone
I am taking my mother on a surprise Hawaiin cruise for her 80th birthday in December 06. I am hoping to go on the Pride of Hawaii which is due for release in June 06. Reading past reviews of the other ships of NCL and staffing, would it be wiser to book with another company spending more days at sea? Also with it being December, and the rainiest season, what kind of weather and seastate am I to expect, eg do I need to take warm clothing etc.
I suppose one could say I am quite confused and a little worried as this is my first cruise and I want it to be an enjoyable and unforgetful experience for my mother

Regards
Lorraine
Old 09-19-2005, 03:54 PM

Lorraine,

Princess does a Hawaii cruise from LA on the Island Princess.
It is 15 days, with 4 sea days out, 5 days visiting ports in Hawaii, 4 sea days back, Ensenada, and LA.
I love all the sea days!
The Island is sister to the Coral Princess. Nice ships. 1970 pax.

I was considering this cruise early January & was curious about the weather as well.
Let's see if we get more responses to this question.

Good Luck with your planning.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 09-20-2005, 02:15 AM

We have been on Hawaii in february and the weather was excellent. Hot on Big Island, very warm on Maui, warm in Kauai and also Ohau, with a little bit rain.

And an excellent time for whalewatching in Maui.

Good luck, Marita

Old 09-20-2005, 04:37 AM

Hawaii is beautiful year round. There are actually only 2 seasons in Hawaii: summer (March to Oct) and winter (Oct to April). Temperatures vary little between the seasons, with December temps ranging from the lower 80's to upper 60's. Hilo is rainy all year and is probably the most likely place for you to experience an all day rain. The Hawaiian islands are unique in that it can be raining in one area and just a few miles away it is sunny and beautiful (even during what they call their rainiest season). Suffice it to say, a sweater or light jacket is the most you will need. Most likely, shorts and bathing suits are going to be the order of the day. I have been to Hawaii in February, May/June, Sept/October and in December and all times the weather has been excellent.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-20-2005, 11:11 AM

We were on the Island Princess last December for the Hawaii cruise and we had SUN the entire time. By the way...........we rented a car in each port and that was THE way to go!! We didn't have to pile onto a bus with the masses, we could go where we wanted (it's EASY on these small islands) and we didn't have to buy the expensive shore excursions.
The cruise was okay.........not exactly what we had "promised" our grown up kids.........the buffet is really poor in food quality.
Anyhow, it's a nice cruise; we enjoyed the days at sea and we enjoyed exploring the islands.
What a lovely idea!!
BTW..........the Anytime Dining is really great because you don't ever have to stand in line. You can just call in the morning and reserve a table for the time you want to dine OR you can reserve a definite table if you enjoyed the location or servers. They had two shows most nights. We would check the "newsletter" the prior evening, decide what shows we wanted to see and reserve a dining time to accommodate them.

Closed Thread

Tags
at, ccruise, cruise, dec, december, decwmber, hawaii, hawii, review, reviews, sea, weather